{16}

Guards greet them at the door and allow them in once they see the familiar older male who gives them a short nod, and as they walk in, she takes in her surroundings and her eyes fall upon the silver-haired man who sits on the couch and proceeds to stand, finally turning around to greet his guests with a warm smile that spreads across his plump lips and makes his eyes turn to slits.

"Good, you've arrived just on time. I hope the ride over was pleasant. No trouble I take it?", the man says directly to Dong-Wook who nods in response.

"That's good then", the man looks over at the woman staring at him in both shock and curiosity, her mouth slightly agape as she blinks slowly and tries to process that this is her brother in the flesh.

His hair was dyed silver and slicked back, exposing his forehead and his milky white skin contrasted so well with the purple suit he wore. He was gorgeous just like his sister, and of course, they shared their mother's same feature, their plump lips.

It was astonishing to meet him, so much so that she was rendered speechless. Although he didn't look too much like their mother, assuming he took most of his traits from his father Jae-jun, she knew in her heart by the look in his eyes it was her brother.

"Runa, it's nice to finally meet you after all these years. You look even cuter in person", he steps forward and Cookie doesn't growl but instead cocks her head curiously when he takes her small hands in his own, hoping to snap her out of the daze she was in.

She clears her throat awkwardly and glances at Dong-Wook who gives a reassuring smile. And then she looks back at Jimin who was still much taller than her but about Yoongi's height, so still short compared to both her bodyguard and the underboss/consigliere who stood by and watched the family reunion.

"It's...nice to meet you too", she says with a small, unsure smile.

Jimin gently squeezes her hands and lets go of them, seeing how stiff she was from shock as she still needed to process who he was so he lets Cookie sniff his hand and she does so, clearly feeling good vibes from the man.

"This must be Cookie. What a sweet thing...that was a nice gift Jungkook", the man glances over to the bodyguard who stiffly nods.

"If it's alright, I'd like to speak to you privately in my office", Jimin says while looking back at Runa with an inviting smile on his face, but she glances at Jungkook, expecting him to protest but instead he nods in approval.

"Yeah, let's do that. We have a lot to catch up on I imagine", she breathes out, trying to relax herself and while Jungkook and Dong-Wook sit in the living room, Jimin leads his sister and Cookie up the stairs and down the hall.

Her heart thuds with every step she takes as she trails behind him, breathing in deeply and keeping a level head about this. She thanked him when he opened the door to his office as he held it open for her, and by what she's seen so far from him, he was respectful and she didn't feel any odd twisting in her gut.

As they sat down, it was silent for a moment, and out of nervousness, which was highly unusual for her, she started to pet Cookie for comfort. Jimin could see how reluctant she was. Happy but still confused and shocked, and he was too once he first learned of his family from Dong-Wook when he came of age.

He sits across from her on the other leather couch that matches the rest of the house with its modern, monochrome style and structure. This house was expensive, large but not large enough to be a mansion, and yet she never felt more comfortable in a new place before. It made her heart feel tranquil, like she belonged here with her brother and that eased her anxiety somewhat.