Chapter 1

Emerson's P.O.V.

It's Sunday, adoption day. The day I dread every week. Hi, my name is Emerson Rose, I'm 16 years old and I've been in and out of foster care my whole life. I never knew who my real parents are because they dropped me off here the day I was born.

As all of the little kids got on their best clothes, I grabbed my book and made my way to the back yard. I always come out here every Sunday because if I'm being totally honest, nobody wants to adopt a teenager. They all rather adopt a cute little kid that they can shape and mold into who ever they'd like, you can't do that with a teenager because at this point they already have their own personality that can't be changed.

"Are you sure you don't want to sit in here and see what'll happen this time Emerson?" Mrs. Wilson asked with a sad look on her face "yeah, I'm sure. It'll just be like all the other times. Nobody wants a teenager anyway" I say as I opened the back door, she just nodded her head and continued with what ever she was doing. I made my way over to the picnic table that sat under a large oak tree and started reading my book. Mrs. Wilson is a nice lady who's in her late 40's. She's got brown hair that's got some grey in it. She has the biggest heart I've ever known, she's always been there for me every time I got sent back here and helped me wipe away my tears.

After about an hour or so of reading I heard the back door open and heard some talking, I looked up and saw 5 guys walking towards me. It took me a minute to realize that these 5 guys were my favourite band, Black Veil Brides. It took a lot of my strength to not freak out and scream when I saw them, but I smiled once they all approached. "Hi, the adoption process is inside" I say quietly to no one in particular "we know, but we saw you out here and wanted to come and chat" Andy smiled before they all sat down around me at the picnic table. "But why would you want to talk to me? There's better kids to chose from" I wondered "we know, but we thought we would give you a shot, see what you're like" Jake said with a smile. I nodded my head slowly before I put my book mark in and put my book down.

"So what would you guys like to know?" I asked before taking a big breath and letting it out "well, what's your name and how old are you?" CC asked "my name is Emerson Rose and I am 16 years old" I smiled, people always say they don't really like their own name but I absolutely love mind "beautiful name" they all say at the same time, making me laugh a little bit.

We continued talking for an hour before CC asked me a very important question. "So Emerson, we were just wondering if you'd like to be adopted?" He asked with a small smile "what? Really? You guys want me?" I stammered out "yeah, of course. We'd love to have you as a part of our fucked up family" CC said, making us all laugh at the end. "Okay, I'd love that" I smiled gently "alright then, let's get inside so we can fill in the paper work" Andy said as we all stood up and made our way inside.

I quickly ran over to Mrs. Wilson and gave her a hug. "It happened" I told her with a big smile "what? Really? Oh honey I'm so happy for you. Now go and pack your things while I get your file and paper work ready for them to sign" she smiled back. I ran upstairs and grabbed my suitcase and duffel bag from under my bed and started packing. Once I was done I took another look around the room to make sure I didn't miss anything, seeing that I didn't I grabbed my suitcase, duffel bag and back pack before making my way downstairs where the guys were waiting. "Hey, you got everything? You ready?" Jake asked "yep, so who am I going to be living with?" I questioned "with me" CC told me with the biggest smile "ok, sounds good" I smiled back at him "alright, let's go then" Jinxx said, clapping his hands together "ok, just one second though. I've gotta say goodbye" I said before dropping my bags and making my way over to Mrs. Wilson "you be good, ok? I don't want to have you come back in a few weeks" She joked as I pulled her into a hug "I promise, thank you for everything" I smiled as I pulled away "I'll come visit you sometime" I added before walking back to my things "sounds like a plan" she smiled as she watched us walk out.

Who knew that such a boring Sunday could turn into the best day of my life. I just got adopted by Black Veil Brides!

(A/N: hey guys! I hope you enjoy this story. Please don't forget to vote and comment what you think. I'd also like y'all to keep in mind that I'm Canadian, not American, so if I get something wrong please tell me and I'll fix it lol)