Chapter Twenty Four

Mavis’s P.O.V
By the time the Holidays came around and I had gotten ready to leave and once I made sure that I had everything, I left the Common Room with the others after giving them their presents and by the time we made it to the Train, and I sat with Hermione and the both of us talked throughout the entire train ride and had a few laughs together and after a while had passed, we finally made it to London and once we did, the both of us along with everyone else had gotten off the train and after saying goodbye to Hermione, I walked up to mom and dad before dad spoke up, “are you ready to go?” he asked me and I nodded before the three of us left the station. By the time we made it home from the Station, I had gone to my room and started putting everything away before I managed to put the presents under the tree in the living room and started putting the presents I had gotten for everyone under the tree before before mom had gotten my attention, “how has school been going honey?” she asked me, “not too bad. Although I feel bad for Harry, he’s been through a lot, especially when he found out that he was the Godson of a murderer.” I said to her, “is he going to be alright?” she asked me and I shrugged a little, “who knows but I personally think he’s taking it a lot better than I thought he would.” I told her, “Well, I’m sure everything will be alright eventually.” she told me and the both of us ended up doing a few things together as they planned on having the team over again this year. After some time had passed, it was getting late and I had decided to get ready for bed and once I had done so, dad walked into the room, “here you go kiddo. Thought you would want some Hot Chocolate.” he said to me as he gave me the Mug, “thanks dad.” I said to him as I took a sip from it while he sat down next to me, “I never asked, how’s school going?” he said to me, “it’s good, Harry’s been going through a rough patch at the Moment though.” I told him, “your mother told me about that.” he said to me and the both of us talked about everything so far before we said goodnight and I had gotten tired and I Had gone to bed for the night. It was the next day, I was helping mom and dad with setting everything up for when the team gets here and once we were done, the first person that came around was T’Challa and his sister Shuri, “I’m surprised the both of you made it.” Mom said to them, “we managed to make some time to do so.” T’Challa said to her, “how have you been Mavis?” Shuri asked me, “I’ve been good. How about you?” I said to her, “I’m alright.” she said and I spent most of my time with her and the both of us ended up downstairs and we ended up in dad’s lab as she taught me a few things for a while before mom walked in, “dinner is ready.” she said to us before we followed her upstairs and we sat with the others and once we all sat down together, we all end up talking and laughing with each other and once dinner was over, I helped mom with the dishes along with Aunt Nat and once we were done,  we spent some time with the others and I continued to spend most of my time with Shuri and I wanted to learn their Language and she began to teach me the basic words. 

After some time had passed, everyone started to leave and once everyone had left, we had eventually gone to bed for the night after cleaning up a little. After the Holidays ended, everyone who had gone home for the Holidays had made it back to the school and classes have started up again and throughout the day, i spent most of my time with Fred whenever there was spare time and I’ve been beginning to grow feelings for him and Later that day everyone was doing their own thing and I was in the Library catching up on any homework that I needed to get done before I started thinking about what it would be like if I had become an Animagus and after thinking about it for a while to myself, I was brought out of my thought’s when I saw Hermione sit down in front of my at one of the table’s, “you look like you’ve been thinking about something, what is it?” she said to me, “I was. I was just wondering what it would be like if I were to become an Animagus.” I said to her, “I heard it takes time to become one.” She said to me, “I thought so.” I said to her and the both of us continued to talk about it for a while longer before I had decided to talk to Professor McGonagall about the whole Animagus thing and once I found her in her classroom, I walked up to her and managed to get her attention, “what is it Miss. Stark?” she asked me, “I was wondering about becoming an Animagus.” I said to her, “what brought this Idea to you?” she asked me, “Professor Snape mentioned it when he filled in for Professor Lupin a while back.” I said to her, “you know, if you go through this, there’s no turning back. This also takes up a lot of time to become an Animagus dear.” she said to me, “so I’ve been told, but I’m sure Professor.” I said to her and she sighed and nodded a little, “alright then dear. Come by tomorrow before breakfast alright and we can talk about it then.” she told me and I nodded, “alright. Thank you Professor.” I said to her before I left the room. After talking about it for a while, we had agreed to meet tomorrow morning before classes and once I made it to the Common Room for the time being, I had decided to hang out with Fred for a while and the both of us talked for the entire time until it was dinner time and everyone had made it to the Great Hall for dinner that night. After dinner was over, we all had gone to our Common Rooms for the night and I had managed to slip away for a while and I ended up at the Astronomy Tower and by the time I had gotten there, I just sat there as my legs dangled over the ledge before I heard something before seeing Fred walking up to me before he sat down next to me, “what’s on your mind?” he asked me, “I don’t know. Everything I suppose.” I told him, “how was your Christmas by the way?” he asked me, “it was good. My mom and dad managed to have some family friends over for dinner. How was yours?” I said to him, “that sounds nice and it was pretty good. Thanks for the candy by the way.” he said to me and I smiled a little, “glad you liked it.” I said to him and the both of us continued to talk about everything for a while before we had gone back to the Common Room for the night and once we had gotten there, the both of us continued to hang out before going to bed for the night.

It was the next morning and after getting ready for the day, I had gone to see Professor McGonagall and by the time I had gotten to her classroom, she was sitting at her desk before she noticed me walk into the room before she spoke up, “good morning dear.” She said to me, “Good morning Professor.” I said to her and she had explained everything that would happen throughout the process of becoming an Animagus. After talking with Professor McGonagall, I left the room and made it to the Great Hall for breakfast and managed to get something to eat and eventually, Fred sat down next to me, “hey.” I said to him, “hey, how did you sleep?” he asked me, “well, how about you.” I said to him, “pretty good.” he said to me, “what class do you have first today?” I asked him, “Potions. How about you?” He said to me, “Charms.” I said to him and the both of us talked throughout breakfast until we had to go to class and I was surprised that he wanted to walk me to class this morning and by the time we had gotten there, I turned to face him, “I’ll see you later.” I said to him, “yeah, see you later.” he said to me and I walked into class and sat down with Seamus and the others before class started. After classes were over for the day, I had gone to the Common Room for the time being and did some Homework for a while before I noticed Harry walk into the room before I had gone to sit with him along with the others and after talking about everything that had happened with him and Professor Lupin and that he managed to conjure his Patronus and after talking for a while, we had done our own thing for a while before going to the Great Hall for dinner and I spent the entire time talking with Fred and George as they made me laugh the entire time. Once dinner was over, we all left the Great Hall after dinner was over and by the time I made it back to the Common Room for the night, I had gotten changed into something comfortable before sitting in the Common Room for a while and I continued to spend time with Fred the entire time before we had gone to bed for the night and once I made it to my dorm that night, I spent some time talking with Hermione for a while, “I forgot to mention, I plan on becoming an Animagus.” I told her, “what? How?” she asked me, “I asked Professor McGonagall about it and she agreed to help out.” I told her, “I’m surprised but if that’s not what you want, I’m glad you're doing it.” she said to me and I smiled a little, “I’m actually excited about it.” I told her and after talking for a while, the both of us went to sleep for the night.