chapter ten

Fizzarolli laid silently on a dirty hospital bed.

He couldn't believe it. Fifty bones had been broken, snapped, and left unrepairable.

That's what the doctors had said. That he'd never be able to do tricks or ever walk properly again.

Blitzø sat to the side of him while his mother and father spoke hushedly, taking glances over to him.

"Hey, I uh- brought you a gift. It's from me and y/n."

Blitzø spoke softly, handing him a wrapped up box. He had gotten him a stuffy while you got him a big book of stories for him. It was nice of you.

Fizzarolli held the hefty box in his hands the best he could. Slowly unwrapping it.

Pulling out the objects he hummed. A soft, stuffy. The fur color was brown with black spots. And right beneath it was a big book or stories. Blitzø wasn't the type to read books or even right, so this must've come from you.

"Thanks blitzø."

He mumbled, running his fingers over the cover of the book as he struggled to tuck the stuffed animal into his side.

Blitzø watched in silence, what was he supposed to say? Sorry for not catching you in time? Did fizzarolli blame him for the damaged caused to his body?

"The doctor said I'll be staying for a few months. Maybe even two years if my body needs implantments."

Fizzarolli spoke up, filling the silence.
His gaze wondered over to his broken tail. Honestly he was surprised that such a small part of him was a far more gruesome sight then the rest of him.

His tail bone was peeking out in multiple places, the muscle tissue showing on the parts that poked out. It pulsed and twitched slightly. A far more gruesome sight then his arms and legs.

His legs and arms were set up in a thick white cast. In hopes to get the bones to heal back in place.

To bad the same couldn't be said about his horn. It wasn't fixable or replaceable either. And unlike teeth when you lose one, it replaces it's self. But you only had one pair of horns your whole life.

So now he was stuck with one horn, stuck in a hospital, all fifty bones broken from the fall. And the doctors couldn't even determine how long he'd be staying.

First they said two months. Then they said maybe four. Then went on to say two years, putting his mother and father in a panic.

"Oh..."

Blitzø mumbled softly, looking down at his hands. His tail drooping down onto the dirty floor.

Blitzø looked to the side of fizzarolli's,a little boy around the same age as him sniffled.

The boy was a peach color, his tail had spikes running down his tail. His horns were a jaged shape, black and white.

His hair was short and as white as snow, his eyes looked like snake eyes. He huddled closer to his mum, who was on an oxygen machine, her eyes were a gray, and her skin was pale.

Her tail slumped down beside her barely moving. The heart monitor beside her slowed to a soft thump, showing the rate of her heart at the moment.

The boy sniffled, crawling up to lay beside his mother.

"Some imps have it far worser than others do."

Fizzarolli muttered, looking over to the boy and his mother.

Blitzø nodded, finding the words that seemed to evade him. Looking back over at fizzarolli he watched as he got comfortable.

"Well, it's time for me to go... But I- eh, I'll come to visit ya when I have free time too."

Fizzarolli watched as blitzø left the room, his tail dragging on the floor.

He'd be here for a long time. A vary, vary long time.

Word count 638