twelve

"I'm not singing one direction with you" Quinn rolls his eyes at Ronnie and Carmen

    "I'm not singing one direction with you" Quinn rolls his eyes at Ronnie and Carmen. Mia looks away from the laptop.

"Come on Q!" Mia pouts, a grin on Carmen's face grows, staring at Quinn who just scoffs and looks away.

"Fine.. one song.." He mutters pushing himself off the couch and standing next to the girl.

"You get to choose then" Ronnie nods, moving out of the way for Quinn.

Before he can choose a song, a loud bang on the door stops him. "God who's about to break our fucking door down?" Quinn asks himself, walking over to the door. "Hello?" He peaks through the small crack when he opened the door.

"Hi! I'm here for Ronnie, I need her to be home right now! So.. so is she in there? We need to go" it was Ronnie's mother.

"Oh.." Quinn opens the door wider, looking at Ronnie, a scared look on her face. "Ronnie?"

"Come on Ronnie, we need to go" her mother smiles, forced and fake, Ronnie could tell.

Quinn gives a questioning look to Ronnie, she subtly shakes her head. Of course Quinn couldn't stop her mother from dragging her out, and if he did try to stop her, she could press charges for touching her child.

"B-Bye Ronnie!" Carmen shouts as she gets into her mother's car. Mia peaks over Carmen's shoulder.

"Bye!" Mia waves.

Ronnie smiles at the two, rolling down her window. "Bye guys!" She knew this was gonna be the last time she saw them, this same thing happened in Idaho, her mom finds a new rich man and they move immediately. It happened often. "I love you!"

Carmen freezes, she had never been told that before. Mia giggles. "Bye! I love you too!" She was unaware of what was going on, she thought this was just a simple goodbye.

Ronnie knew she wouldn't know them long. "Carmen! Take this!" She slips her necklace off, throwing it as far as she could.

Carmen runs out of the house, looking down at the ground and picking up the necklace. A Christian cross hung on a gold chain, she lifts her head, but the car was already gone.

"What is it?" Mia asks, looking at the necklace in Carmen's hands.

"What the fuck just happened?" Quinn places a hand on his forehead.

"It's a cross" Carmen shows Mia and Quinn.

Staring at the trio from a window was Alex, he was confused as well, but luckily his mother answered his question. "Oh, la mamá de Ronnie tuvo que mudarse, eso es decepcionante. Espero que ella mantenga en contacto conmigo en Facebook" "Oh, Ronnie's mom had to move, that's disappointing. I hope she will keep in touch with me on Facebook" his mother sighs.

"Ah.." Alex nods. Now it made sense. "I wonder how Carmen feels"

"Quinn.. do you know why she was acting like that?" Carmen asks him.