Secret for two

The first ray of dawn piercing through the thin, cream-colored curtain inside the room, slowly splits the darkness and onto the white sheets, all the way to the young maiden laying ever so soundly in bed, gently kissing her eyelids to drive away the sleepiness inside her.

Rin slowly sat up, long golden hair slipped off her shoulders as she wanders her surroundings with her oceanic blue eyes as if she had just taken a hundred years-long nap. She stretched both arms towards the roof, to wake her senses up like how she always does.

She finally got out of her bed, as her foot touches the slightly colder wooden floor, it sends a chill through her entire body, which didn't stop her from going to the bathroom in the room, by tiptoeing of course.

Within five minutes, she almost finished brushing her teeth and washing her face, even doing them quietly also efficiently. Looking at the mirror, the young maiden seemed a bit stunned by her reflection, due to the reason that it is not the face she usually sees.

Since the time is ticking, she quits staring at the reflection and went back to her room in tiny steps again.

She quickly took out the white dress from the closet with two short belts on each side, it had been sitting inside for months. Then puts on another white shoulder cape, held together with a flower pin around her neck.

Rin sat in front of the desk with the bag full of all her accessories and make ups tools, but she only did simple makeup like how she would put on every day, which quite suits her dress surprisingly. She now finally let loose of her long hair that was tied up when she was washing her face, and gently combed the bed head away, then instead of using hair pins, Rin turned to the white lily bouquet that had been sitting in the vase on the desk. She took out three flowers to trim the stems and connected them with a white ribbon, then tied them to her golden hair as an accessory.

The pure white lilies stood out in the sea of gold. She looks into the mirror once again, checking her final look. As if she was staring at an unfamiliar stranger, she poked one side of her cheek with her index finger, making sure the person in the mirror follows along.

"What am I even doing......" she whispered in a tiny voice. Almost sounds like she was laughing at herself.

A pair of white shoes with white ribbon straps sat at the foot of the bed. Rin sat on the chair while trying to figure out how exactly these straps should be tied to her legs, even through multiple practices beforehand, her shaking hands were not helping and just leave her more frustrated.

Rin took the entire bouquet of white lilies from the vase after being done with her stress-inducing shoe straps. She went and stood in front of the body mirror, checking herself out in the complete outfit.

Pure white dress and white shoes, with flowers in her hair and a small white lily bouquet in her hands, she had never looked so close to a modern-day bride in her life.

She then realized she was blushing for no reason, and now she just couldn't help but smile at her own reflection. Then soon followed a sigh, as if it was from the deepest part of her soul.

It's their big day today.

She and Len have been planning for this day for about a year. Life gets in the way sometimes, so this day kept being pushed aside, then they finally made the effort and cleared out a date to carry out their plan. Since they slept in different rooms, Rin was kind of worried that Len might still be sleeping and miss the whole ceremony, even though she knew from the bottom of her heart that he is not someone who messed up at the crucial moment.

A series of gentle knockings suddenly brought her back to reality from her memories.

"Rin? Are you still sleeping?" It was Len's muffled voice that came from the other side of the door.