Why can't ostriches fly?

The ostrich smiles and asks, "Before you answer that question, please tell me why you must be able to fly as a bird?"

The goose thought for a moment and said, "Flying in the air allows you to avoid obstacles such as grass and trees for a straight line movement and can reach your destination faster."

The ostrich pointed to the endless desert and replied, "Most of the places where we opossums live are open grasslands and deserts, and there are not too many obstacles on the ground to be able to make straight-line movements without flying."

The geese added, "Flying can effectively avoid enemies and protect themselves."

The ostrich retorted, "We ostriches have strong bodies to protect ourselves, and our sturdy legs can even kill lions and leopards, so there is no need to fly."  

The goose then said, "Flying up enables you to find and search for food better."

"On the contrary, if we flew over this empty desert and did not want to find food on the ground with our feet on the ground, we ostriches would have become extinct because of hunger, I'm afraid."

"This ......" The geese could not think of any other reason why birds must be able to fly and were dumbfounded.

"In addition, running on the ground there are many advantages that cannot be compared to flying in the sky, such as more energy, less likely to expose themselves, etc." The ostrich argued, "We can't fly is to adapt to the environment and make the choice, so will not fly is not the only test of birds."

"You're right! It seems that I have to travel more and gain more insight to be less prejudiced." The geese said in shame.