070. graduation

Madelyn and Spencer are waiting around and Madelyn is holding Simon and Spencer has Matilda. It's been a couple of months since they started going to therapy and are doing somewhat better, but are still a little rocky.

They act perfectly normal in front of the kids, although the twins are old enough to know that they aren't doing the greatest and can spot the tension.

"Penny!" Matilda squeals when she spots the blonde walking up with Tara, Luke, Matt, and Kristy.

"Ah! My favorite freshly turned 2 year old!" Penelope squeals back, taking the girl from Spencer. "And how are you?" She kisses Matilda's cheek making her giggle. "Oh, I love those sweet giggles."

"And you!" Penelope tickles Simon's stomach making him squirm and giggle in his mom's arm. "Yes, I love your sweet giggles, too."

"So... how excited are the parents about this whole graduation?" Tara asks.

Both Spencer and Madelyn half smile, half grimace making the others laugh.

"What, not excited to get your kids out of the house? Thought parents loved that." Luke chuckles.

"No, they're my babies." Madelyn whines. "They're supposed to be tiny forever."

"Tell me about it." Kristy laughs.

"Well, you still have two more tiny babies." Penelope gently tickles Matilda making her giggle.

"Yeah, for now." Madelyn pouts. Simon kisses her cheek making her smile. She scrunches her nose at him, kissing his forehead.

"Hey. This thing better not be super long. I ain't got that much patience." Rossi says as he walks up, followed by Krystall, Emily, JJ, and Will.

"Well, you have to make it to the Rs." Spencer says.

"Why'd they have to change their last name? If they still went with Banks, we'd be in and out." Rossi says.

"Yeah, they regretted that decision at first. Going from almost always first to practically always last. But... well, hey, we get more time with you." Madelyn says.

"Yeah. On a high school football field in uncomfortable seats. Sounds great." Rossi remarks, earning laughs from the others.

Everybody makes conversation to pass the time until they have to go sit down. JJ makes her way over to Madelyn who is watching Simon and Matilda play close by.

"Hey." JJ says making the brunette look at her. "Um... thanks for inviting us. Especially after--"

"The twins don't know anything about your little secret crush, they invited you. Thank them." Madelyn says before walking over to her younger two children.

+++

They're all in their seats, waiting for Reese and Lanie to walk the stage.

"Lanie Reid!"

"Ah! That's your sister." Madelyn says, standing up with Matilda in her arms. She, Spencer, and the rest of the team cheer as Lanie walks across the stage, accepting her diploma.

"Reese Reid!" They cheer again, just as loudly for the boy.

"Those are my babies!" Madelyn yells out.

~ ~ ~

The twins find their parents in the crowd of families after the ceremony.

"Ah!" Madelyn squeals, hugging both of them. "I am so proud of you two."

"Thanks, mom." Lanie smiles.

"Thanks." Reese says.

"I am, too. So proud." Spencer says, hugging Reese and then Lanie.

They greet the rest of the team, congratulations and hugs going around.

+++

They're at the graduation party for the twins. Madelyn is talking to Lanie until the redhead shrieks making Madelyn flinch.

She watches Lanie run off, but understands when she sees who she's running to.

"Uncle Derek!" Lanie grins, jumping into his arms.

"Hey, not so little rugrat. Man, when'd you get so tall?" Derek asks, hugging her back.

"Dude, sweet!" Reese laughs, rushing up and hugging him. "You actually came."

"You nuts? I wouldn't miss this for the world." Derek chuckles, putting Lanie down. "Congrats, you guys."

"Yeah, congratulations." Savannah smiles.

"Thank you." Both twins say.

"These are from me, Savannah, and Hank." Derek says, holding the two gifts out. The twins walk off to put the gifts with the rest. "Look at that. Pretty boy looking all grown up."

"Hi." Spencer says, accepting the hug Derek brings him into.

"I'm so glad you guys could make it." Madelyn says, hugging Savannah and then Derek. Matilda waddles over, tugging on her father's pants and Spencer picks her up.

"Yeah, us, too." Savannah smiles.

"Hey, little Matilda." Derek rubs the toddler's head. The girl leans closer to her dad, wrapping her arms around his neck. "Yeah. Sorry you don't know me very well."

Simon walks up to Hank, holding out a toy train.

"Wanna play?" Simon asks.

"Mama?" Hank looks up at Savannah.

"Yeah, honey. Go ahead." She softly smiles.

Hank takes the toy train and runs off after Simon.

"Oh, my sweet, hunky chocolate thunder!"

"Baby girl!"

"And this is where it gets inappropriate so we will be taking Matilda elsewhere." Madelyn says.

"Yeah." Spencer agrees, walking off.

=================================

and now onto season 15...