3- Psychopathology

My first college class ever is a psychopathology class at 12pm. I'm a psychology major and this was the most basic psych class offered besides intro to psych. But since I took AP psychology in high school and got a 5 on the exam, I didn't have to take intro to psychology.

     When I enter the classroom there's people talking to each other and others are typing away on their computer. I choose an empty seat next to a boy who is clicking his pen at a rapid pace and scrolling on his phone. His face is hard to see because his dark hair is covering most of it. I glance away from him when he lingers on a pic of a blonde in a bikini before liking the photo and scrolling more.

     When I put my laptop on the desk I can see him look at me from the corner of my eye. His pen clicking stops. I decide that I don't want to just ignore his existence and that I should probably introduce myself. I chew the skin on my lip for a second before looking over at him. He's already looking at me, smiling. I can physically feel the blush on my cheeks.

     He's objectively attractive. Thick dark, wavy hair thats long enough to cover his ears but short enough not to reach his shoulders. He has a diamond shaped face with a defined jawline. His nose is straight and skinny. His eyes are dark brown and almond shaped. From what I can tell sitting down he has a slim body with some muscle definition poking through his black shirt.

     "I'm Cooper." He introduces himself after taking in my appearance as I did to him a few seconds ago.

     "I'm Ella." I opt to use my nickname, deciding that my real name sounds too old lady-ish. A guy from my middle school told me that Eleanor sounded like a grandma's name, ever since then I've been using Ella.

Cooper smiles again and his pen clicking resumes. I look away from him and open up my laptop, believing that the conversation is already over. I go into a new google doc, preparing to take notes. "I like your hair." He says suddenly, fingers touching the ends of my curtain bangs. My typing ceases, fingers going rigid above the keys. I suck in a breath and slowly turn my head to look at him again.

"Thanks..." I mutter, still a little surprised that he touched my hair. His fingers are still toying with the ends of my hair, eyebrows furrowed as he examines them. He breaths in deep through his nose and makes eye contact with me again.

His hand falls down to his side and he lets out a small laugh. "Sorry, I don't know why I did that. It's just you're really pretty." He says, not dropping eye contact.

I'm the one to break the eye contact, looking to the side of him instead of directly at him. "Thank you." I mutter out again. Guys have never been this forward with me. The last time a guy pursued me was freshman year of high school. Ali was usually the one getting all the compliments.

"Welcome to psychopathology!" The professor announces at the front of the class. I snap out of my small trance and go back to the google doc on my laptop.

Throughout the rest of the lecture, I catch Cooper staring at me a total of 8 times. Not that I wasn't staring at him too. I do think he's attractive and but I don't know. There's something a bit off about him. Maybe I'm just being self depreciating like I tend to do.

"Class dismissed!" That came a lot faster than I thought it would. I skim over my notes. I got a decent amount but I was distracted most of the time thanks to Cooper. I sigh heavily, angry with myself that I let him get in the way of my learning.

"Hey, Ella, could I get your snap?" Cooper asks me, tapping on my shoulder lightly. I close my laptop and turn to face him. He smiles again, holding his phone in his hand.

"Yeah." I shrug, pulling my phone out of my pocket. What's the worst that could happen? I make a friend? Maybe get a boyfriend? I told myself I'd get out of my shell and this is getting out of my shell.

When I pull out my phone I see a text from Carley asking about book shopping. I ignore the text for now, making a mental reminder to text her later. I open my snap and click on the add friends tab and then hand my phone to Cooper. He types his username into my phone and adds himself.

He hands me my phone back before he puts his own laptop in his bag. I copy his actions and put my laptop away. "I'll see you around Ella." Cooper says, getting up out of his seat. I nod and smile at him. He walks away with a grin on his face.

I open my phone and go to Carley's contact while I walk out of the classroom.

C💕
heading to my last class now
how does 5 sound for book shopping? 

Roomie  :)
My last class is at 2:30 today so 5 is perfect 👍🏻

     I hit send on the text and look up from my phone to watch where I'm going. I'm going to head back to my dorm before I go to my next class which is unfortunately a calculus class.

    As I'm heading back to the dorms, my mind goes back to Cooper. I know he's interested in me, he made that pretty clear but I just don't understand why. I mean that blondes picture he liked looks nothing like me.

     I sigh heavily, trying to shove those thoughts away. He's interested in you isn't that enough?

Eleanor posted to her story