THIRTY SIX

—[ t r u s t f u n d b a b y ]—
}{
{ i can't help be wrong
in the dark 'cause i'm overcome
in this war of hearts.
i can't help want oceans to part
'cause i'm overcome
in this war of hearts }
war of hearts; 02

c h a p t e r t h i r t y s i x
「 e p i p h a n y 」
}{

4 months later

They say most traits children inherit are from their parents. Physical, yes but also other traits. For example, certain mental illnesses tend to run in the family, for example, autism, ADHD, bipolar disorder, major depression and schizophrenia. Habits can also be inherited. How easily you lose weight, how easily you gain weight, when you hit puberty, your laugh lines, your ability to focus— so many traits children inherit are from their parents.

Tsukasa and Gigi each got their beauty from their mothers— as well as the obsessiveness and the terrible trait of loving too hard.

But children don't inherit all their parents' traits. That's not how you create a new person. You can't be a complete copy of someone else down to the bone even if you're twins, even if you've come from that woman's womb. It just doesn't work like that. Siblings especially don't share the same traits they've inherited from their parents. One can get it and the other may or may not.

Tsukasa and Gigi both may be a bit obsessive but it was only Gigi that got the crazy trait that even the blonde's mother had. Tsukasa and Gigi may love a bit to hard to the point of self-destruction but only Tsukasa was a rational thinker(Gigi was too but not so much).

Sometimes, these traits can be amplified in some cases.

When Ume Miyama found out her first boyfriend cheated on her in high school, she drained his car of oil, slashed his seats, snuck into his house and put hair remover cream in his conditioner and put saran wrap over his toilet seats, as well as cut out the crotch area of all his pants.

When Gigi Miyama found out her boyfriend betrayed her...

Oh, it wouldn't be fun to tell you just like that now, would it?

"eye for an eye, tooth for a tooth, fracture for fracture... the one who inflicted the injury must suffer the same"

"It's your first party Tsukasa! It will be fun! Ryu-san always has good food at his parties" Gigi tells him excitedly

The blonde is lying in his room, the huge king-sized bed making even him seem smaller. Tsukasa's new room was right in front Gigi's in the Nakamoto mansion. His room was decorated much simpler than hers but had just as many pictures up. Today was one of those rare days when none of the other boys were over and another rare day when Gigi and Tsukasa were home ever since they healed from their injuries and Tsukasa was finally in walking condition. "I thought you said you hated these parties" Tsukasa was holding his phone above his face responding to the mass of texts Fujio was sending him as the ravenette was out with his other group of friends

Gigi jumps onto his bed and Tsukasa's phone falls on his face. "yes I do..." she says and pokes his cheek

Tsukasa groans and picks his phone off his face then looks at her. Gigi's eyes are lit up with this different kind of mischief. Not the same kind of mischief when she wants to go set something on fire but the kind of mischief you'd see in a serial killer's eyes just before they explain their plan to their accomplice. Now, if Tsukasa was a good person, he would probably tell her to stop and maybe get a hold of herself or try therapy. But Tsukasa Takajo is not a good person so he will not tell Gigi to stop. "uh-huh..." Tsukasa rubs his cheek were his phone had hit "something special happening at his place?"