one

☾ ⋆*・゚:⋆*・゚

°•. ┊ All Of The Girls ┊.•°
✧ ˚ ━ fell from the pedestal, act one

CHAPTER ONE — hang on til the chaos is through( episode one ; pilot )

( episode one ; pilot )

We get to the backyard, Dorothea is the first one at the mothers side, placing her hands on her shoulders comfortingly. Bobby orders Buck to take over compressions and Hen starts bagging the kid, while I get the defibrillator ready. "Ready?" I ask the members of my team with their hands anywhere near the patient. The second Buck's hands are in the air, I shock him. "No rhythm." I shock him again, the mothers cries increasing, as he doesn't respond. After one more shock to his system, he begins to cough up water and Hen turns his head to the side. We all release sighs of relief, as his mother thanks us.

    Our next call is a jumper; Bobby's the one to try and talk her down, as the rest of us stand on the ground, watching with worried expressions. I feel her pain, but I hope that my Captain can convince her to stay. Most people, at least most sober people, have their minds made up. There's no question about whether to stay or to go, but if we're lucky enough, we can convince them otherwise; at least for a moment. The woman rises to her feet, I inhale sharply at the action and await her next move. She talks with the Nash man for a moment, before letting herself fall to the ground. A slew of gasps erupt from the crowd, along with a few muttered protests and we all reluctantly return to our vehicles.

    The second we're back at the firehouse, Bobby leaves and Buck waits a few, before taking the truck out on his own. "One of these days he's gonna get caught and my uncle's not gonna go so easy on him." Thea says, as we watch the man drive down the road.

    "Yeah, especially with Chim giving him shit about giving Buck a ton of free passes." I agree, taking a sip of water. "Let's just hope we're around to see Bobby snap."

    "Amen to that." She smiles. "I mean, where the hell does he even go?" The question makes me laugh, but she doesn't share the act.

    "Wait, you really don't know?" I lean forward, resting my elbows against the counter and the woman shakes her head. "To hook up with random chicks he meets on dating apps. Why do you think I made that comment about keeping disinfectant in the truck?"

    "I honestly thought it was a simple dig at Buck. You know, it was you calling him dirty. Like unwashed."

    "Well, he's definitely that too." The two of us laugh at both the remark and at her confusion, before Chim approaches and challenges one of us to a game of Watch Dogs. Thea accepts and the pair retire to the couches, while I decide to take a nap in the bunks. I groan, when someone begins shaking my shoulder vigorously and I smack their hands away. "What?"