chapter thirteen

Blackbird singing in the dead of night,
Take these broken wings and learn to fly,
All your life
You were only waiting for this moment to arise.

Striker sniffled, his tail hanging low onto the ground as he watched his mother be lowered into the dead soil. Her time was up, and it hurt for striker to admit that he had cried.

Blackbird singing in the dead of night
Take these sunken eyes and learn to see
All your life
You were only waiting for this moment to be free.

Chaz stood beside him, blissfully unaware of what was happening. His mother did say he was the smarter one of his twin. Father's friend called Chaz a brain dead goldfish.

And honestly he couldn't blame him. Chaz did eat marbles once. But still, he could act as if he knew what was happening.

Blackbird fly, blackbird fly
Into the light of a dark black night.

His father had decided to get his mother buried in the wrath ring, the hottest, dangerous place other than the greed and pride ring. Wrath topped them all, being the one with frequent killings, tons of firey twisters. And low food quality.

Blackbird fly, blackbird fly
Into the light of a dark black night.

His father had a solemn look on his face, keeping a tight grip on chaz's shoulder who was trying to scamper away towards moxxie who was being held up by his mother.

Striker had overheard his father talking to his friend about meeting his daughter. But his father's friend had to reschedule to next year, family problems he guessed.

Blackbird singing in the Dead of night
Take these broken wings and learn to fly,
All your life
You were only waiting for this moment to arise

The service was over, her grave had been sealed up shut. His grandparents were sobbing, along with his aunt who was crying the hardest.

"Let's head inside now. It's gettin' late."

His father nudge them both towards his grandparents house.

Chaz followed behind, talking to moxxie as his mother and their grandparents followed behind.

Word count 374
Sorry if it's short.