Chapter 68

Julia

Harpies knew how to celebrate.

First, Jane held a short speech in which she once again greeted the guests, and then the fire was lit. The harpies served tea and a strange brew, of which Julia kept her fingers off. The harpies also made a blackberry wine themselves, which was also generously served. A few harpies played on simple instruments that reminded Julia a bit of harps, but their sound was much stronger and more lively. There was wild dancing.

Falk and Rosalie brought Jane's wife to the party. Tinke was partially paralyzed and could therefore only watch the party. Just like Finn. The two hit it off right away. Jane sat with them, and Julia could watch how Finn excitedly told something to the two harpies. Julia danced with Leopold between the wild and sometimes very 'revealing' harpies. Marko tried his way through the drinks and also supplied Finn, Tinke, and Jane with drinks. Fiete and Peter danced together. Or were they fooling around? It was not entirely clear. Julia grinned.

Josefine, on the other hand, sat at the edge of the party and watched the flickering flames of the campfire until Julia pulled her to the dance floor, while Leopold was asked to dance by a pretty harpy. He quickly made sure Julia agreed before dancing with the stranger. Julia let him have fun. She trusted him.

Julia and Josefine laughed, made the dance floor unsafe, and stumbled between the harpies. Once they fell laughing into a dancing pair. The harpies took this as an opportunity to dance with them. The celebration continued into the deep night. After some time, Peter and Fiete withdrew. Just like Josefine, who told Julia she wanted to go hunting for a bit.

Julia was now talking to a few harpies who had grown tired of dancing until she also needed a break from the hustle and bustle.

Peter

Peter and Fiete were sitting under a tall tree. Cuddling together, they looked at the dark treetop. Peter could hardly see anything in the darkness. But that didn't bother him.

Fiete kissed him and pulled Peter onto his lap to hug him tightly. Satisfied, Peter leaned against him. The two could hear the harpies singing and laughing.

"What will you do when it's all over?", the dragon asked him.

"When it's all over? You mean the approaching war, yes? I don't know."

"Where do you want to live?", asked Fiete with a grin. "I'm sure you've thought that far?"

"Honestly, no", Peter replied sheepishly. "A home of my own? That would be nice... But, honestly, I want to be where Julia is. And you? Do you want to go back to the desert?"

Fiete kissed Peter's neck. "Of course. If you and Julia want to live there. But I was banished. This could get complicated... Do you want to live in the castle?"

Peter nodded. "Preferably? I like the pomp of the palace. Really! In terms of size, the castle is more of a palace. I had everything there. But nothing either."

"You weren't happy there."

"I was happy when I spent time with Julia. We were mostly raised by nannies. Our parents were always busy. Especially Queen Agathe. Of course, she and our father also spent time with us. But... Mom didn't understand me. She probably still doesn't. But the property is terrific!" Peter sighed. "I used to imagine a small property that I would share with Juli. A small estate full of splendor, glamour, and glitter!"

"With your sister? How cute! I'd like that", Fiete agreed. "A small estate or a palace. With you and Julia. That you don't want to part with her is convenient for me."

"Because of the magic covenant?", asked Peter.

Fiete nodded and kissed Peter's cheek. "I agree with your plan."

Peter laughed and kissed Fiete. "You want to live with us in the castle? If Julia will be queen?"

"She's going to be queen!", growled Fiete against Peter's lips.

"I have more siblings!" But Peter could not continue to speak, as Fiete pushed him into the grass and moss that grew under the tree to kiss him stormily. Peter wrapped his arms around him. "Fiete!", he protested, laughing. "Hey!"

But then someone landed next to them. Rolling his eyes, Fiete sat up and stroked his orange hair. Peter also sat up and looked embarrassed at the person who had interrupted them.

"You did that on purpose", Fiete reprimanded his niece.

Josefine was standing right in front of them. She had taken on the half-form of the dragons. An almost human body with large wings.

"Of course", she replied dryly.

"Where have you been?", Fiete asked, annoyed.

"Hunting. I was hungry." Josefine shrugged her shoulders.

"That's not all, is it?" Fiete tilted his head and sniffed. "You smell like..."

"Yes, yes!", the girl interrupted him. "Don't make a drama out of it. You were busy too!" She pointed to Peter, who blushed.

Peter now looked at her more closely. Her hair was noticeably disheveled. "Did you?", he asked, caught off guard.

"Yes." Josefine grinned. "I smelled another black dragon nearby. Of course, I went to see if the dragon is a threat. She wasn't."

"You?" Peter looked at Fiete, whose face darkened increasingly.

"Josefine! You're only seventeen!"

"So what?" She shrugged her shoulders. "I'm going back to Julia. See you later." She walked away lazily.

Peter tugged at Fiete's sleeve. "Your niece had..."

"Yes", Fiete grumbled. "With a dragon lady or a dragon girl. She smells like the other dragon. Probably another dragon teenager." Groaning, he leaned against Peter. "This kid will drive me crazy. I'm too young to deal with teenagers!"

"Is that you? But... Oh. So it could be that Josefine... or rather Josef... Well... The other dragon could be pregnant?" Peter scratched his head. "At seventeen? Isn't that too young?"

"Does that never happen with humans?", asked Fiete skeptically.

"But... But you said dragons wait a long time."

"White dragons." Fiete nodded. "We start a family, if we want to, very late. At the earliest with one hundred years, but usually rather when we're around three hundred years old. Black dragons are different. That's probably why they were in the majority in the past."

"And if the other dragon is pregnant?", Peter asked. He had a headache. What would he do if it was Julia? But with Julia and Leopold, this wasn't possible.

"Then Josefine will never know. And neither will we. It won't interest her either." Fiete ruffled Peter's hair. "I guess I will have to keep a close eye on my niece from now on. She's not grown up yet!" He laughed softly.

Peter shook his head. "At least she had fun..."

"Teenager!", muttered Fiete. "Tomorrow, I will place her under house arrest!"

"Good luck trying." Peter yawned. "Should we go back to the others?"

"Alright", Fiete agreed.

(c: sasi)