_CHAPTER 1_

Wednesday, 12:45 p. m.

I was lying in my bed with all these thoughts. We were moving. My family and I. And it was all because of my dad. i hated him....

I was never good with people and all i had was some 2 friends at school and now i even need to leave them. Yes we promised to keep on contact but it doesn't work like that. In some months they are going to meet some cool people and that's it that's where the friendship will end. This is all stupid. How will i even survive in some new place?

Friday is the last day i am going school. We are leaving from here on sunday.
Call me sentimental but how can i not miss this place, this is where my life began. Eventhough most part of it was shit but still.
Damnit!!

Friday, 6:45 a. m.

"Bye mom..."
"Hey... What the hell? Breakfasst!!"
"No need mom... I'm not hungry."

I was early today. So i sat down in the bus stop reading.
I was reading 'Eleanor and Park'.
I really liked reading to be honest. It keeps my mind off things.

It was 7:15.
And the bus was here.
I hopped on.

It was 8:25.
I reached school.

I saw my two friends Lia and Eiji approaching me.
Lia was technically all over me.
"How can you leave me? Aren't we like bestfriends? I'll miss you so much Ashyy." (She ended tearing up for a bit.) I liked that actually someone crying over me.
"Not her fault you know." Eiji tried to stop lia from acting like an idiot.
"But yeah i'll miss you too", she said.
"Stop it guys. Or else i'll end up crying."
And then we laughed.

We stood for our school assembly.
After the assembly, suddenly the principal called on me.
"Miss kim ashlyn. Please come up here."

I went there.
It was so awkward. To stand in front of all those people.
She gave a speech about how every student is precious to the school and saying goodbye to one felt like saying that to a hundred.....,,etc....,,

During lunch,
Some girls from my class came up to me and was like.
"Oh hey i'll miss you, you know?" And i was like who the f are you?
But i just replied with a "yeah, thanks."
Another asked where i was moving to?
And i replied, "Somewhere in Hudson."

I am not really close with my classmates except for my friends.
So not much people bid me goodbye.
I don't feel sad or anything just you know....

9:46 p. m.
Tomorrow is the last day.
Then a new life.
Maybe it is for the good, who knows??

Sunday, 10:30 a. m.

So the day is finally here.
The moving day.

I got on the van. I didn't speak to anybody on the way.
I was listening to some music, 'The Smiths'.. Call me old-fashioned but i loved them...

We reached their after like 3 p. m.
Ofcourse we ate on road.

The movers were ahead of us. They started to move the things even before we reached there.

Our neighbour was this thin women with glasses, she didn't had any beautiful structure but she was cute.

She smiled at us.
And my mom had a chat with her.
"What? My son is in 10th grade too. Maybe they will go the same school."

"Hey mom. " Some clearly asian boy with a soft but husky voice came behind that lady. He rode a skateboard. He was wearing a half pant and a normal tshirt. The structure of his abs were visible. He had black hair with some brown highlights. He looked like the guy every high school girl would die to have sex with. He looked dashing and his eyes.....There was something about them. And his lips... I didn't know why at that time my eyes kept on lingering on his lips.
I think he noticed me staring at his lips. He stared at me. I looked away.
When i looked back, he smirked and waved at me and i looked away again.

After all the moving, we went inside.
I went to the room which i liked the most. And so it was mine.

I started unpacking.

It was evening. I was in my room reading 'Eleanor and Park'.
I was a slow reader unlike others.
So it took me some time to finish a book i guess...
Suddenly, i heard music coming from outside.
I looked out from the window. And it was from my neighbour's house. No, that boy's room.
I screamed "Can you keep it down? I'm tryna read here!!"

He opened his windows and looked at me. For sometime he just stared at me like he was admiring me or something.
"Hey." He said grinning.
"Can you keep it down?"
"What?"
"The music. I'm tryna read here."
"Oh umm okay."
I was about to closs my window until he asked, "Wait! What's your name?"
I was taken aback. I replied "Ashlyn. Ashlyn kim."
"Hi ashlyn" he grinned "i am mark. Lee mark that is."
I nodded and closed the window.

I went on reading....