minuscule rose particles in the air

Lounging outside on the patio with coats on.

Helen T: Are you going to put it on your head?

Lanci: Maybe.

Paul: Don't do that! It's prickly and itchy.

Lanci: I am surprised mini cactus is still alive. It grew some when replanted into another pot. I don't know if there were 2 cactuses that just died or was part of one. *shrugs her shoulders*

Paul: surviving the cold season, huh?

Helen: I would just dump it and get some new cute potted plants in the spring.

Lanci: Yeah. I should do that. *scratching her forehead*

2 weeks later from lotsa rain...

Lanci: I dumped it into the compost bin.

Helen: That's why we are at Garden Mart. To get some new planted greens and a bag of soil! Well, I need a bag of soil.

Lanci: I poked the guy with a stick. It was still green with its prickles but totally deflated like a lame balloon. It was really soaked and the soil from all the rain. But, I still wonder if the little guy dried up, it would bounce back to fullness.

Helen: You wouldn't want rot or mold to grow on it instead if you had waited. That's not fun to look at.

Lanci: Oh. I didn't think of that.

Paul: Look at my new girlfriend. *he carted a mini palm tree like potted plant* It's a new hybrid and has orange leaves with green leaves.

Helen: *she touched one of the palm tree leaves* Pretty plastic girl.

Lanci: You, Paul—went for fakey plastic??

Paul: Off to the register. *wheeling his cart quickly away*

Lanci: Where are my true loves? *sighing*

Helen: I'm into flings for all seasons but one season at a time. Seasonal flings have to flicker out first before starting another. Also, so easy to muddle up their names with too many. *throwing out a wink*

Lanci: *lol* Let's start at aisle 1, chickie. *grabbing Helen's hand*

*Helen and Lanci separated later on*

Meeting up...

Helen: I stuck with one. This little basil plant.

Lanci: I got a daffodil and tulip in a pot. Special bulbs that blooms in winter so indoors. *picking up a small plant container* This one pink aster. I will keep this inside too.

Helen: You heartbreaker and a cheat!!*elbows Lanci*

Lanci: heartbreakers are already cheats.

Helen: Not the angelic ones. They don't even have to try. Just bat those angelic eyelashes. *whistling*

Paul: I put my plant in your trunk. *he showed up and tossed the car keys to Lanci*

Lanci: Okay

All three go to check out register.

The End