Baby

Bryant POV

When we finally got to my dads house Lyfe was asleep. My father stays like an hour away from me. I got him out the car and Layla hopped up and ran to the door. Her and Kandice were really close. Maybe cause they were close in age to but I'm not even going to say anything.

" Lyfe come here son "

my dad grabbed Lyfe from me instantly waking his ass up.

"GrandPapa!!"

Lyfe and my dads connection was cool. I mean he more of a dad to him than me but I'm not complaining. I don't give a fuck. I walked right past them and into the eyes of my mother. She was sitting right next to Kandice who was now 8 months pregnant by my father which is kind of messed up to me. She still a little ass girl but like I said I ain't gone say shit.

" Ma?"

First she slapped the shit out of me then she pulled me in for a hug. Kandice rolled her eyes. Layla came back downstairs and stared at me holding my mother. She was crying and it just felt so good to see her.

" Son how are you?"

I grabbed the side of my face she slapped and said,

" I'm doing well ma what about you?"

She looked down and stared in space for a couple of minutes and then she said,

" Son I'm living that I am thankful for"

I knew something was up. Everything just felt on edge. My dad came in the door and Lyfe was hanging on his neck. My mother instantly stood up when he walked over to her with her grandson.

" Say hi to your grandma."

My dad said putting Lyfe down on the floor but Lyfe doesn't really like strangers so he clung to my dads leg.

" Hello"

Lyfe said putting one hand up to his face and poking his dimple. The boy was just like me in a way. I swooped him up and sat him on the couch with my mother and watched as she interacted with him for the first time in a long time.

Layla POV

Me and Kandice went upstairs while they were talking with the old lady in the living room. I don't know her and that's all I know. I laid on my bed, cause I always have a room at this house I spend half of my time here...... So yea I get two rooms.

"That boyfriend of yours is going to get you in trouble one day Layla"

" But love is love though and I really really really love him Kandy"

" well hey the heart wants what it wants right?"

" Exactly, right now he's saving and we're going to get a house together and everything. I'm going to be a stay at home mom and he's gonna make bread just like your relationship Kandy"

" Girl you already know putem in check "

I put my hand on her pregnant belly. The baby was kicking, and it just amazed me. I wanted this, I needed this. I really just want something I can say is mine something kind of like my sister. I would love my child and never let it go like my sister did me. I'd protect it with everything I had living in me a baby would be my everything.

" You are a virgin right Layla?"

" Damn with all these personal questions Kandy you calling me a thot or something? "

" Nah I'm just trying to look out for you here...."

She placed like six packs of condoms in my hand. Then winked at me and we both busted out laughing. Kandice somewhat filled the hole that my sister left within me. She was a real good friend even if she just turned 26.