Chapter 3 ✟

"Chase, I'm so sorry. I'll regret this one day when you aren't pretty anymore. But, that one day will be in your casket, at your funeral. So, it's not like I could possibly make out with you anyway."

Raising her hands, she touched me lightly on the cheek, almost in a caressing manner. I screamed silently, wavering and unbalanced. Running away from her touch, I stumbled and fell, as she made her way closer, hands and arms outstretched, ready to envelope me in a cold embrace.

 God. What the hell was she?

Running sloppily, I strode, my strides getting stronger, my stamina rising, the ache in my legs not anymore noticeable.

Tulip growled, and her perfectly manicured nails stretched into claws, all black and glossy, and caked at the ends with blood. Her face went red, and the dress she previously wore stretched in the back, and a something burst through. A tail. A fucking red tail.

As the rest of her body green leaner and muscular, her face didn't change.

In her hand appeared something of a fork or a trident, but it was on fire, wrapped in red vines and dying plants. A cackle escaped her red lips, and her tail was long and looked stiff. Like a whip.

Her face didn't change. It stayed pretty.

 Like a devil, I suppose. Deceiving.

            "Chase Silver," she seethed, her tongue transformed into those of a snake's. "Don't run, and I won't kill. Well, at least not as brutally as if you were to run any farther."

            I made the mistake of looking into her bold maroon eyes.

She smirked, her tongue in her mouth, flickering like a poorly oiled lamp. "I can feel that you're considering it."

I sighed.

I ran.

I got to the edge of the school campus, searching desperately for Katrina.

  Katrina Aira.

She sent my life hurdling into problems, creating a massive train wreck.

I heard screaming and shrieking of curses behind me, and a ripple of fear flooded my heart. "CHASE SILVER, YOU WILL BE SLAUGHTERED," Tulip screeched violently, my blood and fear racing.

"Are you sure about that?" I said, confident, attempting to hide my nervousness. "Because, Tulip, as far as I know, I slaughtered you last year in that game of softball." Her nostrils flared and I grinned proudly.

"My name is not, Tulip. It is Lilith!" she screeched again, her voice coming out in long waves like a sonar pitched squawk.

I squinted my eyes as I kept up the running around the outskirts of buildings.

 Lilith... being a quarter Jewish, I had learned Hebrew at a young age. Lilith. Wasn't that the female version of satan?

I arched an eyebrow, legs pumping. "So, then, Tulip, in what ways are you going to slaughter me, if you can even catch me?" I was being arrogant. But at this point, I didn't care. I couldn't even hear her screams of terror anymore. I had left her in my fucking dust.

A voice boomed above me.

  Shit. So, of course, now It can fucking fly.

"You'll see momentarily, Chase. Momentarily," she thundered against the wind, hurdling toward me, pinning me to the ground as if she was the ball and I was the bowling pin.