014. the happy ending, we think we deserve 

FIVE MONTHS LATER

FIVE MONTHS LATER

     Black shiny heels hit against the white tile floor as Evelyn walks down the flickering light hallway clutching her purse tightly against her body, trying her best to swallow down her nerves and remain calm. It's been five months ever since that night, and Evelyn still can't control her emotions or express them either. The only person that has been by her side for most of it is her friends and her mother. The long nights Evelyn cried and sobbed, the moments Evelyn was weak enough to want to leave this earth without goodbyes. She hated herself and blamed herself for too many reasons, more than she could count.

     After that night Evelyn still wakes up in the middle of the night, screaming, and still can hear the police sirens. The questions the police officers and ambulance people asked her. When Evelyn spent the night at the cold hospital for Dewey who went straight to urgent care immediately due to his injury, and even turns out Tatum survived after everything she went through. She was left for dead like nothing, but gratefully she survived. She's a fighter, and Dewey as well. The two siblings fought a battle for their lives and made it out.

     Gale Weathers went on to make a book about the murders in Woodsboro, which became successful. The love connection between Gale and Dewey is soon to be continued as well. She wishes for the couple one day to just accept the fact that they love each other.

     Evelyn laughs to herself at the thought of the adults. Dewey still going on with his life, still in the workforce. Even earning an award for his braveness.

     Sidney went to college with Tatum, and soon Evelyn as well going to the same one. But Evelyn needs to get herself and everything around her in place, she needs to get it together. Evelyn is growing and is in a job finding mixed with learning new things about life. Growing up is an anxious feeling but overcoming that fear is the greatness of joy. Evelyn wishes things had gone differently.

     Once Evelyn hit the front desk, she set a genuine smile on her face once she met eye-to-eye with the lady who was rapidly hitting her fingers against the keyboard.

     "Hello," Evelyn speaks up.

     The lady at the desk, "Hello, who are you here for?" Evelyn inhales and exhales slowly before answering back, in the calm tone she can muster up. "Billy Loomis" Once Evelyn's words spilled from her lips it seemed like poison once it hit the air, the lady's smile soon gone and replaced with fear.

    "Sign in for me please, and ID." The lady spoke in a firm tone, no more nice lady Evelyn thinks in her head. The lady quickly stamps a piece of white paper and hands it to Evelyn. People show their true colors fast. After handing back Evelyn's ID, she instructs Evelyn where to go and who else to talk to. So quickly Evelyn could barely catch what she was saying, did he make a reputation for himself here?