CHAPTER 3: THE SEARCH

The next morning
The boys crowd around the table with their backpacks. Lucas pulls out binoculars, army knife, hammer, camouflage bandana and a wrist rocket.
Dustin on the other hand.. brought a bag on snacks.
Sage sighs running her hands through her hair.
"What? We need stamina for our travel, plus. Why do we need weapons if we have her!" He points at Eleven.
"She shut one door!" Lucas exclaims.
"With her mind! It's insane. Imagine what else she could do."
He grabs Mike's lego spaceship and shows it to Eleven.
"Concentrate!" He says kindly dropping it and it hits the floor.
Mike goes over and snatches it.
"She's not a dog."
"Kids! School!" Mrs Wheeler calls from downstairs.
Mike hands Eleven his watch and explains to look at the numbers at 3:15. He runs up the stairs.
"Sage!"
Sage kisses El's head, which was how they showed affection at the lab, before following Mike upstairs.

Once the bell rang to dismiss the students, the kids ran behind the school to find some rocks for the wrist rocket, the boys talk about El's powers and Lucas teases Mike while Sage moves around the sides of the school still searching.
"Shut up Lucas!"
"Yeah, shut up Lucas."
Sage hears the familiar voice and starts making her way back. She runs when she hears Mike groan and she sees that Troy had tripped him up and he was bleeding from the chin.
The bullies see Sage and start to walk backwards but she pushes Troy so hard he falls on his ass.
"Get out of here."
They run off and the boys help Mike up. Sage reveals a rock from her pocket and raises her eyebrows.
"That's the one!" Lucas says happily.
"That's the monster killer!"
"Nice one Say!" Dustin adds.
They hop on their bikes and cycle back to the house where Eleven is waiting.
She hops on the back of Mike's bike and they cycle into the woods.

They stop and walk once they reach a hill, Eleven stays close to Sage's side and Mike catches up to them.
"Why did they hurt you." El asks Mike.
"What?"
She points to his chin.
"Oh, uh. I fell at recess."
Eleven stares at him.
"Mike, friends tell the truth."
Sage smiles at El.
"I was tripped by this mouth breather Troy, okay?" Mike reveals.
"Mouth breather?"
"Dumb person, knuckle head." Sage answers.

They walk/cycle until it's nearly dark outside. About 3 hours after they left, Eleven stops and brushes past some leaves.
"Here."
The kids look around at Will's home.
"This is where Will lives El." Sage says.
"Hiding." She says firmly.
"What are we doing here." Lucas says with a tone of anger.
"She said he's hiding here?" Mike says unsurely.
"Uhh.. no! We just walked all the way out here for nothing, she doesn't know what she's talking about!" Lucas shouts.
Sage closes her eyes and then wipes her nose discreetly.
Sirens begin to blast and police cars speed past the house.
"Will."
The kids jump onto their bikes and follow the cars all the way to the quarry.
The whole place was tapped up and they watch the paramedics pull out a small body from the water.
"Its not Will.. it can't be." Mike whispers.
"It's Will.. it's really him." Lucas stutters.
Eleven puts her hand on Mike's arm and he slaps it away.
"Why did you lie to us! You said he was alive. What is wrong with you? What is wrong with you?"
Sage pulls Eleven away from him.
"Why are you taking her side? You don't know her!" Mike demands.
"There is a lot you don't know about this Mike!" Sage snaps.
Mike scoffs and grabs his bike.
"Mike.. don't do this man." Lucas pleads but Mike cycles off into the distance.
Sage turns to the boys and they all hug for ages before Sage pulls away and helps Eleven onto her bike.
They cycle back towards Mike's house.

This one is much shorter but they don't have many scenes in Holly, Jolly. The next one will be longer. Hope you are enjoying! Ellie x
694 Words!