Standup Act

I walked back into her class and she sneered, "What are you doing in here?"

I said, "To disrupt your fantastic class." I took a bow. "No, I'm just grabbing my bag because the bell is just about to ring, and I really would like to have that."

The class laughed. Yeah, I'm a fucking comedian. I should get paid for this. Haha, I crack myself up. I grabbed my bag and the bell rang. I shoved everything in my bag. Mrs. Andre handed me a slip of paper. More like a detention slip. Ugh. I sighed and left her class. I walked to Adv. American studies and I sat down next to Seth. He said, "How was class?"

I showed him the slip and he said, "Don't you have patrol right after school?"

I nodded and said, "I was just about to ask....."

He shook his head and grinned. "Yes, I'll be your prom date."

I narrowed my eyes at him. I said, "No, I was going to ask Drew to be my prom date."

He glared at me. I shoved him lightly. "Kidding. But seriously, will you cover my patrol? I'll take yours at midnight."

He said, "Won't your parents, like kill you?"

I smirked. "Correction. My mom will. And I'll just sneak out."

The announcements came on. "Anna, Anna Call, early dismissal, Anna Call, early dismissal."

Seth looked at me with a confused expression. I shrugged and packed up my bag. I said, "I'll text you in a bit."

I walked over to Mr. Akers and collected my work. I left the class and went to the main office. Jacob was standing there, grinning at me. I raised my eyebrows and said nothing, just followed him out to his Rabbit. He said, "What's up?"

I said, "You gotta get me back in time because I have detention. Apparently, I was "mouthing off" to a teacher."

He chuckled and said, "What do you wanna do?"

I said, "You picked me up, you have to make the plans."

He groaned. "Do you want to get some ice cream and maybe see a movie?"

I said, "Sure, that's better then Adv. American Studies."

He chuckled and I got in the passenger seat. He got in his seat and he pulled out of the parking lot. He got onto the interstate and he said, "So how's school? Are you planning on attending college?"

I snorted. "Like Sam would let me. I'll probably just stay here. Live on my own."

He said, "What about getting married and having kids?"

I said, "I don't know. This whole imprint thing is weird so I don't think I'll ever get married or have kids."

He mumbled, "Sorry, you know if you want to go after Seth, go ahead. I see the way you look at him. You imprinted on him, right?"

I looked away. He sighed. "Hash tag: Forever losing the girl to another guy."

I bit my lip. "I'm really sorry, Jacob. It's nothing I can control."

His hands started shaking on the wheel. He said through his teeth, "I know."

His whole body was shaking as we drove into Port Angeles. I said, "Hey, Jake, I'm going to take a walk around so you can calm down."

He muttered, "Fine."

I got out of the car and started walking. I went into a book store and the bell dinged as I pushed open the door. A woman smiled at me and I examined the shelves looking for anything good. I saw a copy of Romeo and Juliet. I moved on and exited the store. It was getting late and I still had detention. I looked for the Rabbit but I didn't see it anywhere. I started walking, wishing I'd grabbed my bag. However, I'm defined as a dumb fuck. The sun was slowly setting. How did it get this late this fast?

I started walking through the streets, hoping to find the fucking car. It was now dark and already drunk men were roaming in packs. I'm screwed. I saw  shops start to close up. I walked fast, looking for a payphone. There was one across the street, near that dark alley. I crossed the street quickly. I neared the payphone and dug in my pockets for fifty cent. I heard a wolf whistle and saw in the alley, there was a group of drunk men. I cussed quietly and one of them called, "Hey, honey, why are you all alone?"

I said, "I'm waiting for my boyfriend. He should be here any minute."

He started walking, well, more like staggering towards me.  He said, "He must be late."

I said, "A little." I backed away and ran into the telephone booth. I said, "Stay away from me."

He said, "I'm not sorry, that's not possible."

He and his friends circled around me. Oh, now I'm going to die. I said, "Get away. Don't come near me."

He said, "Grab her."

Two huge thugs grabbed me by the arms and lifted me up so I was hanging. I swallowed. I was scared now. Jacob, you idiot. I shuddered as his hands went to the button on my jeans. I kicked at him but he had someone hold my legs down. He unbuttoned my jeans and I bucked my hips, trying to get loose. He said, "Fiesty, I like that."

I struggled and started to scream as loud as I could until he shoved something in my mouth. I spit it out at him. I started screaming again and he slapped me. He growled, "Shut up."

I spit in his face and he punched me in the stomach. A surge of pain soared through me and I puked my lunch on his shoes. He cussed and started hitting me. I screamed again and I heard sirens. I thanked god as they dropped me. I got up and started to walk to the cop car. He got out with his guns raised and I said, "They're go."

I spit out some blood and he lowered his gun and said, "What happened?"

I said, "Can I first borrow your phone? I live in La Push and I want someone to come pick me up."

He nodded and handed me his phone. First, I tried Jacob. Then, Dad. Then, Mom. No answer. I tried Seth's number. He answered on the third ring, "Hello?"

I said, "Seth, it's Anna. Can you please come get me?"

He said, "Where are you?"

The officer said, "You'll be at the hospital by the time they get there."

I said, "Port Angeles Hospital."

There was a pause. "Why?"

I said, "Long story. Please come."

He said, "On my way. I'll see you in thirty minutes.