chapter 20

"How long will it take?" Ailee asked huffing and crossing her arms.

"Almost there." he said, glancing at her.

"You've been saying that for the past one hour Zaiiiiiiii" she slumped against the seat yawning uncontrollably.

She looked like a kitten. He chuckled.

"Are we perhaps lost?" she gasped.

He looked at her in amusement.
"You know we haven't taken a single turn so it is close to impossible for us to get lost here. Besides, I know this area like the back of my hand."

She pouted in return.

"Just 20 minutes more hmm?"

"Arghhhh we could have just stayed in the city"

"Yeah right. The only stars there are the light reflection on the buildings."

" That is correct," she said meekly .

She then leaned against the window and watched everything outside run in the opposite direction and sometime later fell asleep.

Xavier looked at her and smiled.

If only he had met her earlier. Life would've been so much better, so much happier.

___

"We are here baby" she heard him whisper softly, caressing her cheek in the process.

She stirred a little but didn't wake up.

He sighed and unbuckled her seatbelt, carrying her outside in his arms.

When she felt the sudden drop in the temperature she snuggled up to the warm body next to her for warmth and slowly opened her eyes.

She looked up and saw her boyfriend taking her somewhere.

He looks good even from this angle, she thought.

"Why are you staring at me like that Coco?"

She blushed and looked away.

"You look pretty" came her shy voice after a minute.

He was caught off-guard by that compliment.

"And you look the prettiest," he replied after regaining his composure.

He sat down with her in his lap and shifted her till she was comfortable enough. He didn't want her sitting on grass in case there were some poisonous insects on the ground.

"Wow Zai, this is so beautiful." she said, leaning her head on his chest and looking up at the night sky that looked so pretty with gazillions of stars shining brightly. The dark open field of various flowers was lit up by the moonlight and the stars making the atmosphere naturally romantic for the couple.

"Mhmm"

The reflection of the stars in her eyes made him feel a sense of enchantment. How did he get so lucky?

"Is there something on my face?" she asked innocently, unaware of the things going on his mind.

"Yes" he looked so serious. Why is that? she thought.

"What is it?" she started touching all over her face.

He held her hands and asked
"Let me?" she nodded.

His hand moved to the back of her neck holding her in place and connected his lips with hers.
She went rigid and her eyes widened failing to process what was happening but after a minute she relaxed and closed her eyes giving in to the beautiful sensation.

When they pulled back panting, she couldn't meet his eyes and buried her face in his chest.
He smiled and wrapped his arms around her and put his chin on her head.

"My little baby," he whispered.

The feeling of her lips was much more intense than he imagined it would be.

Kissing her is positively his most favorite thing now.

They stayed there for a little more than an hour, Xavier shared a bit of his astronomical knowledge with her and she listened attentively even asking some questions in between.

___

It was around two in the morning when they decided to go. This time she walked on her own even though Xavier insisted on carrying her back.

The car ride back to her house was filled with her singing all the songs that she played and Xavier was lucky to have the first row ticket.

She didn't want to sleep because she was afraid it would make him feel sleepy too.

They reached her house and it was a sad time for their separation.

"Tata I will miss you" she said sighing in contentment, being in his arms gives her a sense of protection and comfort. She wishes she could stay like this forever.

"Mhmm you can come and meet me anytime." he replied, giving her a kiss on forehead and stroking her back lovingly.

"Today was one of the bestest days of my life. Thank you so much really and see ya. Take proper rest after getting home alright?" she said and shyly tip-toed holding his shoulders to make him lean down a little to be able to give him a peck on cheek but he smartly turned his face and her lips landed right on his. She quickly pulled back looking like a tomato.

" Yes ma'am" he replied, smirking after the little stunt he pulled.

She ran inside waving her hands.

He sat in the car and smiled adjusting his bracelet.

Knock Knock

He looked towards his window where Ailee stood smiling sheepishly.

He rolled down the glass and asked worriedly why she came back.

"I'm sorry I forgot to give you these," she said, holding out multiple packets of skittles and chocolates in her small hands.

He was baffled for a second but laughed loudly when he realized what the issue was. Oh his precious little baby. What is he gonna do with her?

His laugh, which was a very rare occurrence, was like music to her ears.
She smiled, happy to see him happy.

"Thank you Coco but I think you're in more need of this than I am."

"I have plenty of sweets in my room besides we were meant to share these there while stargazing but....... oh well" blushing she looked down trying to cover her face with her hair.

He smiled at her cuteness and accepted them knowing all too well that ultimately they will be consumed by her only when she will visit him again.

"Okay now hurry up and go inside"

Nodding, she went inside and disappeared behind the doors.

He waited for 5 more minutes in case she remembered something else and came out but that didn't happen so he left soon after.

➷➷➷➷➷➷➷➷➷➷

TADDDAA!!!!

FINALLLYUDJDJJSKEKSSNSNJS

I'm so out of ideas please helpp.

21k for whatttt??😭😭😭

I love y'all. Thank you ❤️