Prologue - Danger Zone

Generations ago, humanity reached a shift in history, where a child of a bright light was born, to many peoples confusion. In the wake of such a phenomenon, unnatural abilities began appearing within the average joe. And these unique abilities spread quickly.

This marked the beginning of a new era. An era of Heroism. An era of Villainy. An era of Quirks.

With 80% of humanity in the present day carrying Quirks, everyone sought to live out their dream scenarios that only existed in comic books. But to ensure only the best of the best can become certified Heroes, only the noblest, smartest, and ambitious of Quirk users had a chance of enrolling into a Hero course, to mold them into the perfect Heroes of tomorrow.

This ISN'T the story of one of those noble people.

————————

Aggressive footsteps echoed on the tiles of a hallway, as an armored figure with engines on his elbows strided forward with a hint of anger.

"Come on..." The man thought to himself. "I know I'm more lenient with laws when it comes to you, but this is a bit much."

Before long, the armored man came across a pair of police officers standing outside of a closed door to another room. "Sorry sir." One of the police officers spoke firmly, holding up their hand. "No visitors are allowed in- In- INGENIUM!?" That same officer yelled in sudden surprise at the realization of the Hero before him.

Removing his helmet and holding it to his side, the dark blue haired Pro Hero had a face of annoyance. But not for the officers' excitement. "Is she in there? Or is this a bad time?"

"No no, y-you can go in to see her!" The first officer stammered, being in the presence of a Hero such as Ingenium. The other, more collected police officer, began unlocking the door they were standing by at.

"If anything, this is perfect timing." He said, as Ingenium noted the eye bags under the man's tired gaze. "That girl's been rather..." He paused , as the door slowly opened. "Well... she's been difficult."

Ingenium looked into the room, seeing a young girl seated at a table, biting the handcuffs keeping her there. She had spiky brown hair, and near feral green eyes. Even being cuffed to one place, she seemed extremely rapid, rocking back and forward in her chair, and causing a ruckus.

The collected officer coughed lightly, before calling out. "Gijimei Hikouki..." The man coughed out hesitantly, as the energetic girl suddenly paused mid bite to look curiously at her name call. Suddenly, Gijimei's eyes sparkled to life, seeing who had arrived. "Your cousin's here to-"

"TENSEI!!!" Screeched Gijimei, suddenly rocketing from where she sat with inhuman speed, and zoomed towards Ingenium, while in turn dragging the table she was handcuffed to in the process.

"W-WAIT A MINUTE-" The Pro Hero screamed, as he simultaneously got hit by his younger cousin, and the metal table she took with her, knocking him to the ground. The more jumpy of the two police officers screamed in shock, while the other shook his head. "We really should nail that thing to the ground." He uttered.

With a sigh, Ingenium opened his eyes as he was on the ground, before noticing that Gijimei's impact was powerful enough to trigger the airbags in his costume. "It was torture!" Gijimei screamed, suddenly shaking Tensei's head back and forward. "TORTURE! I've been suffering here for weeks!" Ingenium, however, just looked confused.

"Gijimei... you've only been in custody for like 20 minutes." The Pro Hero stated calmly.

"And we only said no to you wanting chocolate or something." One of the police officers interjected.