chapter fourteen

It's been a couple of weeks, and since then your back healed quite fast. Sur it hurt a little bit but other than that you were perfectly fine.

You even got eye contacts, giving you color to the once bland world and shape to the shapeless creatures.

"How are ya Feelin' princess?"

Your father asked, holding a cool glass of water out to you. Reaching out you grasped the cool glass of water, relishing in the taste of it.

"I'm still a bit sore."

You murmured through a mouthful of water.

You decide a little stretch wouldn't hurt. Slowly you scrunched your shoulders back, listening to the bones crack slightly as your fluffy wings expanded outwards. The bones in them cracking as well.

It was odd having two new appendages attached to you, especially ones that seemed to have a mind of its own.

Setting the drink down on the little nightstand you shuffled towards the end of the bed slowly. Stretching out your legs, the cool air nipping at the fragile flesh.

"Woah, there princess, let's just take it easy- !"

Expecting your feet to touch the hard, cold surface of the wood, only you didn't.

Crimson gaped at the sight before him, your wings were only freshly new. And yet somehow able to function right away, keeping you from touching the floor.

Your wings flapped unevenly, causing you to flutter down then back up. Then down and back up again. your white antennaes twitched slightly, following the morning breeze as it blew in from behind you.

Stepping forward he held his arms out, catching you in them as you finally flopped down. Exhausted from trying to hold yourself up.

You had no idea you were floating, let alone that the things that had caused your pain were functioning and putting you through more.

"How's bout' we get you back into bed. Then we'll figure out what to do with ya."

Crimson spoke, carrying your limp body back to bed.

"Is she alright?"

Mia asked, holding a sleeping moxxie in her arms. Crimson turned to face his wife, arms crossed over his chest.

His father taught him to not talk to his wife, to not interact with her unless it's time for a heir.

But just this once wouldn't hurt.

"She's fine. Now leave her be, she needs her rest."

He spoke curtly, watching Mia reluctantly leave.

"I guess I should start scheduling those doctor appointments."

He muttered unhappily, knowing it would take hours of threatening the receptionists to even get him an early appointment would take days. They were some tough nuts crack, so he might as well start now.

Word count 458
I don't know the actual name of moxxie's mother so Mia is her name.