09 | Time of Death

LIAM AND I haven't spoken at all since our kiss. It's only been a few days but I feel paranoid. The tension between us is awkward, I hate it. He never reached out to me either, and I have no clue why. Maybe he regrets it?

"Are we really doing this?" Liam questions, standing around a dining table with Stiles, Scott, Kira and I.

"We're doing it. Tonight." Scott confirms.

"But isn't it kind of dangerous?"

"Yeah, it's incredibly dangerous. And borderline idiotic." Stiles commented, nodding.

"Have you guys done something like this before?"

"Something dangerous? Or something idiotic?"

"It's definitely a yes to both." I answer with a snort.

"You don't have to be part of it if you don't want to." Scott tells the beta.

"I'm not scared."

"Then you're borderline idiotic," Stiles speaks, giving him a friendly pat on the shoulder, "If we do this, we don't know what's coming for us. You know that, right?"

"How do we even know something's definitely coming?" I question him.

"Because the tape from Garrett's bag said visual confirmation required." Scott answered.

"Simon said the same thing. He couldn't get paid by The Benefactor until he had proof that you guys were dead." Stiles added and I frown, that was when Stiles almost died. He had a gun to my brother's head - I've never been more thankful towards Agent McCall.

Scott continues, "So the idea is, what if you kill someone on the dead pool, but you can't send the proof?"

"You don't get paid." Kira said.

"How does that get us any closer to The Benefactor?" Liam asks us, more directed to Scott since he's the one that came up with this dumb plan. It's smart but stupid at the same time.

Scott answers, "He still needs to know if the target is really dead."

"Especially if it's someone high on the list." Stiles responds.

"So, if he wants visual confirmation..." Liam speaks, trailing off.

"He's going to have to come get it himself." I finish.

👹

"Are you guys totally sure about this?" Liam questions as I pace the room, stressed out of my mind.

Scott and his smart and stupid plan is about to take place and so many things can go wrong. I think this would have the worst consequence out of the lot.

The plan is for Kira to electrocute Scott till he dies so we can somehow catch the benefactor. He may not wake up and oh my lord, Noshiko is not helping.

I'm like a pingpong ball with the speed of my pacing and I feel everyone's eyes on me as they watch.

"I think Kei and Liam are nervous. Maybe you should tell them everything's going to be alright." I give Kira a pointed look at that, she is not slick. I can hear the nervousness in her tone.

"It's going to be alright." Scott tells his kind-of-girlfriend. I laugh sardonically, that boy is always way too confident.

"You've done this before, right?" Liam asks, he also seems nervous.

"I've seen it done." Noshiko responds as if that'd make anyone feel better.

"Is that just as good?"

"No." I feel my pacing speed up further, I don't think Kira's mum is the best at reassurance.