1

Finney had a hell of a start. His father became abusive to him and his sister after his mother committed suicide soon after he was born, leaving him to somewhat feel responsible for his mothers declined mental health at a during his childhood,

When he was 14 years old, his older sister Gwen, finally had enough and moved to a different state without saying goodbye, leaving him alone with no one to protect him.

Finney was devastated. He felt abandoned, but he didn't blame Gwen. He knew that she had her own life to live, and was desperate to escape from their father.

Only 2 years later, his father decides he's two old to old to live at his parents house and tossed him out, convinced he should stop being a "leech."

   After 4 years of scraping by on minimum wage jobs and sleeping in parks, Finney had finally saved up enough money to buy a house.

It wasn't much, but it was his. The only problem was that it was located in one of Denver's ghettos.

Even so, Finney was satisfied to finally have a place of his own. Even if it was practically falling apart. Although, he couldn't shake the feeling something wasn't right.

Every night, around midnight, the temperature would become freezing, and without a working AC, it he would wake up in pain or wouldn't be able to sleep the night before.

3 weeks in, the vintage phone in the across from the tiny kitchen began to ring. When he answered it, there was no one on the other end.

Before long, he became accustomed to the persistent ringing of the phone.

Thankfully, he scored a new job at the grab and go a few blocks from his house after being fired at his old one for smelling like shit because his house didn't have working water yet.

On the bright side, not only could he walk the way there (he was badly out of shape), it was also convenient way to evade the black phone's insistent wailing.