I - Shots Fired

Reich's thoughts, 1# thoughts, 2# thoughts.

     The sirens are blaring, what should do we do?

Wait.

Run idiot.

No, you're an idiot. We'll get caught.

     Reich stood up and walked to the window that showed the hall, bathed in red light. People were running, some scientists and others guards. A shadow with a wide, cheshire grin walked up to Reich, leaning against his shoulder. Another shadow, this one with pure white eyes walked up to the other side of Reich, and leaned against him. Reich reached out to touch the window, but stopped when a voice said, "Don't do that R-666." Reich growled and looked up at the scientist who stood behind the glass. Reich put his hand down. The scientist smiled, "As soon as this raid is over, I'll come back." The scientist walked away. Reich sat down on the ground. The 'Eyes' shadow laid down and rested its head in Reich's lap. The 'Cheshire' stayed standing and its smile morphed into a frown.

We could've escaped if you didn't hesitate!

We would have died. You know that.

They don't. They a dumb bitch.

Watch your language.

No.

     Reich sighed and patted Eyes's head, smiling. Cheshire sat down next to Reich and yawned. They leaned against Reich and fell asleep. Eyes was already asleep. Reich sighed and closed his eyes, falling into a dreamless sleep.

There Were No Shots.