Chapter One - Where's Home?..

~.815 words.~
(Hunter POV)

"King!" Luz shouted with scared and shock in her shakey voice before we all fell back onto the grass. It was a cold night and distant thunder could be heard.
"No. No. No!" She fumbled with her words and got up then ran to the door. Shaking terribly, she opened it and closed it desperately and hoping there would be the world she wanted, but there was no Boiling Isles at the other side.
Just.. sadness..

I stared at her blankly as she stood facing towards the door in a slumped way as she turned around, tears falling down her cheeks. Somehow this made the wind blow harder, making me tilt to the side a bit.
My thoughts were blocked when I heard loud sobbing from my side.
There was Gus. He was hunched over with his hands over his face and head to the ground.

His tears seemed to alert my 'older brother instincts' as Luz had said and I went over to wrap my arm around him. I didn't know what I felt. I was just.. empty.

I then looked around. The trees. The sky. Most importantly, the people.
We were all here.
The Owl Crew.
But it was different now.
Now were were just. Blank.
Shells of people.

"Come on." Luz still had tears in her eyes and was shivering from the cold but she was gesturing for us to follow her. We had nothing better than following her so we did.

She eventually lead us to a mid-class house not far from the place we came from and she knocked on the door.

A woman around her fourties opened the door and my guess she was Luz's mother. After all, they were much alike.

"Hola Mama." Luz opened her arms and her mother gasped and hugged her tight. They both had a somewhat silent embrace before breaking into tears.

I hear a small whimper from my other side and saw Willow, distraught. I could tell she missed her family too. I put my arm around her and pulled her in for a 'hug' or whatever you call it.

Soon we were allowed to enter the home and towels were brought for us by..
"A BASILISK?!" I screamed in surprise and everyone turned to look at me. I quickly covered my mouth with my hands.
"Gee what a great compliment." It said.
"Sorry.. I um.. didn't expect a basilisk here. In the human realm." I still was eyeing the creature suspiciously.
"Hm. I'm Vee. " The creature spoke.
"Hunter.. "

I was still suspicious of the basilisk- i mean Vee, but I think I can trust it- her.

Luz's mom handed us the towels that Vee had brought and we dried ourselves off.

"Alright!" Luz started talking quite loudly. A hurt my ears type of loudly. "We gotta find out who's sleeping where. I only have space in my room for three people so the other three people gotta sleep in the basement."

Gus' eyes glimmered. "Ooh! Willow can me and you be in the basement?! I read in some human books that basement has some cool human antique stuff and I wanna show you something called a 'cosplay'! "
Willow smiled. "Why not. Let's see this 'cosplay' thing.
Gus started speaking almost as soon after Willow stopped. "And Hunter can come with us to the basement because I can already tell that Hunter doesn't trust Vee." He said that last bit quieter but I could still hear it and I looked at him angrily. I knew he was right but I still didn't like him saying it.

"Alright! It's settled then. Me, Amity and Vee will be in my room. And Gus, Willow and Hunter are in the basement!" For some reason, Luz had a smirk on her face and I looked at her confused.

*After they got to the basement*

After we got ourselves comfortable, I
thanked Luz's mom.
"Thank you for providing us with shelter, Ma'am." I made sure to let her know I was very thankful.

"Please call me Camila." She chuckled and went upstairs.

Willow giggled and I suddenly felt sick. Like something was tickling the insides of my stomach. I tried to brush it off and got ready for bed.

After we were ready to go to sleep, Willow was already facing opposite from me and Gus so I assumed she had fallen asleep, I heard a sigh.
Then, Gus asked me something.
"Do you think we'll ever go home?."

My eyes widened. I wasn't sure.. But, I plastered a grin on my face and spoke reassuringly. "Of course! Have you seen us?! We're the most powerful witches in the Boiling Isles and the human realm!"

I then realised how loud I was. "Too loud?.."

Gus laughed. "Not at all. Thanks Hunter."

I smiled softly and turned off the lights as Gus turned around to sleep.