🌸

'"Thud, thud,thud, thud" i dont know if it is the sound of my footsteps or my beating heart. The passageways of the palace seem so long today, so narrow. Will i reach there on time?  Will i be able to save my love?  What if I'm too late? Please gods, let my love be alright, let my heart be alright, let my antigone be alright. '

After a heated arguement with his father creon, the king of thebes, who has punished antigone with a death penalty, haemon marches on, to the place where the punishment is about to play out.

'My eyes are clouded with fear but in my minds eye i can still see that beautiful face of hers, those subtle steps that roamed around this very palace, those fiery eyes that knew no submission except in front of love. '
Haemon reaches at the gate of the palace, the guards try to stop him, ' dont go dear sire unless you see a scene so hard on your heart that it breaks your soul '.

'My soul is where im trying to reach, my soul is the one getting punished, im dragging this body made of soil which is nothing but a burden, let me go', haemon crosses the guards and goes away with hurried steps.

' her smile blinds my eyesight, the sound of her laughter makes me deaf, the palace i just left is filled with the sweet memories of her, from the first day i saw her till the day she left with her father, oedipus, I've been with her,supporting her, from the shadows, admiring her, her bravery, her softheartedness, her sacrifice,her love and devotion towards her family. Now in this time of grave calamity i cannot stay behind the curtains, i cannot see my love be lost, i have to be there for her.'

At the fork of the road the blind prophet comes, led by a boy, going towards the palace. 'Stop, stop my boy, i feel the heat which is to bring calm, i can feel the breeze that will put a stop to this storm and restore peace to our motherland '. 'That is Haemon that just past by, in a hurry, eyes sparkling with tears and face rigid with determination ', says the boy.
Haemon approaches the cave where antigone is being punished, "please gods, please".

Antigone is crouched over, a long noose lying beside her, torn. Haemon rushes over and holds her, " thank you gods, thank you so much".

Antigone weeps in his arms, " my dear haemon, even the god of death wont accept me, why shall i suffer this cruel fate ".

" it is a mercy, the mercy of goddess persephone, who I'm sure asked the mighty god aidoneus not to separate us".

"What are we to do? Cruel fate is already decided".

" no my dear ", calls creon as he enters the cave with others," i take my foolish decision made by my blind ego back, my dear children, forgive this old fool and do not weep anymore. You shall have a happy fate and a live in love, i will make sure of it".
Haemon and antigone expresses their gratitude to creon.

"We shall be together forever, until death do us part and be reunited in hades ", they vow to each other in an embrace.

Happiness returns to thebes. After creon's death, haemon and antigone become the king and queen. The country prospers under their rule. The people are happy, the gods are happy, they are happy.