He's Back In Town

Brooklyn Bella Gatina

Honestly, the first week of school went by so fast, I didn't even get a second to realize that I'm a senior now and that this is it for high school me. The week started quite eventful. Lydia quit cheer squad, something that became a glue for her, Olivia and I. Lunch that day, she sat with us for a split second before disappearing. When Olivia and I tried to question her about it, she claimed she just wanted to focus on school this year. That was so obviously a lie but I didn't push it. I wouldn't push it.

The week went on and Lydia seemed to sink away from Olivia and I. Neither of us could figure out why but we also weren't trying to find out. We were all busy, she probably was too. I mean it was senior year now. We had to focus a little more than before.

Nathan Smith smiled at me as he stood at the bottom of my stairs. I know I move fast but truly he was just good company. We hadn't kissed sinced the bonfire, just had some friendly conversation and this morning he asked me if he could take me to the boat burning festival.

There is absolutely no harm in me saying yes so, of course, that's what I said. Grayson shook his head as he watched me walk down the stairs to Nathan. Sawyer's arms were draped around my brother's waist.

Sawyer Scott, Olivia, Lydia and Jamie's cousin. She was this beautiful blonde with gorgeous blue eyes. Her smile softened my brother's always hardened exterior. They had been together since Grayson was a sophomore and Sawyer was a senior. He worked so hard to gain her affection, I'm surprised she even looked his way but now here they are, 3 years later and they seem so in love.

Grayson was still staying with her. He didn't really ever talk about returning home. I'm not sure he will. Daniel stood next to Grayson just glaring at Nathan. Daniel didn't really date. I think the last time he had a girlfriend was like 4 maybe 5 years ago.

Daniel decided he couldn't live on campus this semester like he planned. He wanted to, I knew that but he said when he made his decision that only people who wanted to party lived on campus and he wasn't like that. I know he wanted to and he was just saying it as a lame excuse. He had prepped all of us for his going away but my dad, of course, fucked it up.

Grayson insisted that we all go in group. His exact words were, 'I don't like Nathan Smith, you will NOT be alone with him.'

Sometimes it's just best to listen so I did. I wore these washed out light blue jeans with holes in them and a black tank top. My red hair was down and curled as always.

My hand intertwined with Nathan's as Daniel sighed, "Okay... Let's fucking go now that Brooke's grand entrance is over." I glared at him as Grayson laughed. "I wasn't making a grand entrance." Grayson shrugged as he opened the door.

We all walked out one by one, Grayson leaned towards me as he closed the door behind us all, "You sure as hell were."

When we arrived, we instantly meet up with Vivian who stood there with Logan and Charlotte Evans. Logan and Charlotte were also cousins of Olivia, Jamie and Lydia but on their mom's side. They were both beautiful as the Scott and James family tends to be.