track V | "vigilante shit"

"she needed cold hard proof so i gave her some | she had the envelope, where'd you think she got it from?"

✥ ✥ ✥ ✥ ✥

FOR as long as anyone could remember, Laurie Swan was a tenacious, driven person. When she was a child, she used to read ten pages of her personal dictionary to "build her vocabulary," when she was in the first half of secondary school, she learned four languages. That is why the girl had spent two weeks searching for answers.

In fact, the girl had established a so called, 'research routine,' stirring in the odd hours of the morning, walking over to her computer, and, until she heard her father's footsteps, she would research. She started with the most absurd of searches, 'What is the reason that my sister is infatuated with an asshole,' or 'Why is Edward Cullen fast?' but soon, she turned to 'Quileute Legends,' or, 'The Cold Ones,' and finally, 'Vampires.' Now, when Laurie found the so-called truth, she refused to fully believe it, but she understood that there were no logical explanations for the behavior that the Cullen family exhibited. It had become increasingly clear that the Cullen family was not human. They were vampires, and Laurie was, oddly enough, unafraid of this realization.

Two days had passed since the curious teen had uncovered the truth, and although she was a very trustworthy person, she did not know how much longer she could keep the secret in her mind. Truth be told, it was consuming her every moment. The idea that in her whole entire life, her reality was wrong. How could she recover from something so jarring. How would she protect her sister from a clan of supernatural, murderous individuals. How would Laurie survive if her own life became intertwined with the Cullens.

✥ ✥ ✥ ✥ ✥

She drove quickly, whilst admiring the wooded area that marked the transition between Forks and the reservation. She reminisced of a childhood that seemed so far away now, a childhood spent in the densely wooded area, where she learned to forage, and where she, ultimately learned the importance of falling - and getting back up, a lesson that become the core of her cheerleading skills.

As she pulled into Sam and Emily's driveway, she attempted to organize her words in a way that would minimize the possibility that they enlisted her into a mental facility. How was she supposed to inquire on the existence of vampires? As she walked inside, she announced herself. "Guys? It's Laur!"

Within what felt like a millisecond, she heard Sam's feet pounding down the stairs. He barreled into the girl, in the same fashion as a bulldozer. "Geez Samuel. Are you trying to murder me?"

The tree-trunk of a man giggled - daintily, might I add - before inquiring on her presence: "You look...confused. What's wrong with your face, Rie?"

The girl let out a sigh, before dragging Sam to the couch. "Ok. So. You are most definitely going to think I am crazy, or atleast think that I need to go to therapy, but there is something weird going on in Forks, and I believe I know dangerous information."

Sam tensed up, his eyebrows furrowed. He immediately jumped to the conclusion that Laurie was injured, or that something had gone wrong. "Are you hurt? Did something happen? Do you need to stay here tonight? What's wrong Laurie?"

Laur smiled, and put her arm on his forearm. "Sam, I am perfectly fine. There is nothing that you need to worry about, with me at-least. I am more worried about Bella."

He looked at Laurie, awaiting for her elucidation on the topic of her sister's safety. "Well, the day that she got into her car accident, Edward Cullen saved her. And while I am grateful for that, there is no human way that he was able to save her."

Sam looked both puzzled, and simultaneously, nervous. "Laurie, what are you trying to say?"

The girl took a deep breath. This was it. This was her admission to the mental hospital. "What I'm saying is that when Bella's truck was crashed into, Edward was standing at-least 30 yards away. But then, in the blink of an eye, he was standing inches away from her, unharmed."

Sam shook her off, "Rie, I'm sure your eyes were just playing tricks on you, sometimes that happens in a traumatic event."

She looked sternly to Sam. "I know what happens in a traumatic event. This was not that. What I am trying to say is that I have been researching for the past two days, and I believe, wholeheartedly, that the Cullen family are not human. They are vampires. And I know you are going to tell me that I am insane, but I know that Quileute legends tell the same exact story, and I know that you cannot disclose that, but I need you to know that I know that the reality that I have known for my entire life is false, and that I have accepted that.

Sam takes a deep breath, before standing up, and walking over to his landline. He dials a number, before a voice answers. "Harry? We've got a situation down here. Get Leah, Billy, Paul and Jared down here ASAP."

✥ ✥ ✥ ✥ ✥

Disclaimer: This is a work of fan fiction for Stephanie Meyer's Twilight Saga. I do not own any of her original characters, plots, or works. All characters excluding my own, belong to Stephanie Meyer.

✥ ✥ ✥ ✥ ✥

A/N: Hi guys. It has been a LONG time since I have written for this story. But i needed to come back. writing is so so vital to my personality, and i want to continue this story. i will post as much as possible.