2

Title: Hide and Seek (pt. 2 of Confession)
-sorry super rushed, May update n edit soon-

His surprise didn't go as planned, actually he didn't have a plan at all.

Wally had actively been avoiding (Y/N) since that day he over heard her talking to Barnaby about confessing to him - now that was a week ago. The day after he had found she had left the flower on his doormat, the day OF he sat there on the floor in front of his own door listening to her call for him on the other side - wondering if he was home, he had even heard her softly mention it was a bad idea. He had never decided what he'd do to surprise her when he got back home, he figured he was making up excuses and he wasn't prepared for her, to be vulnerable and loving in a romantic way. He beat himself up every time he launched himself up a tree or hazardously buried himself into a bush when one of his neighbors called for her. He felt his whole face heat up and his mouth get dry, it felt as if he bit into a cattail and couldn't swallow. He was Wally Darling, best friend to all and the friendliest neighbor. The way he was avoiding her contradicted every fiber of his being, he couldn't run forever and he didn't want too - he wanted her so close to him. He dreamt of waking up next to her, watching the sun shine down on her so peacefully - she was like an Angel to him. Some days while they had slumber parties he wouldn't sleep, he didn't need it. He watched her all night, her soft breathes and snores music to his ears, he felt almost drunk when she'd fall asleep on his shoulder while watching movies or their shows.

  It gave him goosebumps thinking of it, how he worshiped her in secret - sometimes it felt maddening.

  "That's not kind, ignoring me an' all..." That beautiful symphony of a voice brought him back, he had no time to act, he was startled into turning around to face her. He hadn't noticed he walked aimlessly around their neighborhood, he's been in autopilot these days and she so happened upon him on their usual empty street. Her hands were together and he could see how tight she held them together, her usual bright smile compressed into a single line of neutrality. If he could he'd rummage through her thoughts, make her understand what he was feeling - the fear and excitement making his non-existent stomach nauseous.
She kicked at the pebbles on the sidewalk with her feet, hanging her head low, "Barnaby and I saw you, going back home. I thought I'd act if nothing had happened or seen you at all - what a fool am I?" A single hand went into her hair as she slid it from her forehead, looking up with tears brimming her eyes she had anger and sadness etched into her face.

"You're not being a very good friend ignoring me! You could've said no, I could've brushed it off if you had the decency- 'he decency too-" (Y/N)'s voice wavered, as if she continued she'd burst. His heart ached, he ran so fast when he'd seen she was on the edge and here he is - the reason she's hurting. His smile feel as he held his arms out, bending down slightly to try to catch her attention with his own eyes, "No, no (Y/N) please, my dear, my sweet sweet dear do not shed tears because of a silly fool like me." Wally's hands landed on her shoulders as she looked up, her hiccups and tears pushing him to the brink.

  "I never wanted too! Believe me, my sweet - it hurt me running," he pulled her into his chest, she relaxed and let her own tears roll into his jacket.
"What a fool I've been, I shouldn't have thought you'd put up with it - like I had time! I had wanted to plan something special!"
Pulling her back and lifting her chin he gave three quick kisses, both her cheeks and her forehead. Her tears stopped and a blush crept on her cheeks, Wally gave a weak chuckled,
"I'm a fool for you, (Y/N). You make my heart skip a beat when you walk by and I get a whiff of your hair!" His eyes brightened as his voice rose, "You make my days sunny when there's rain! You are my everything and I'm so- so scared to lose that- to lose you."
  She smacked his hands away, "You sure do have an awful way of showing it!"
  "I know, I know my love," he grabbed her hands again, "I want to put you on a pedestal and admire you for eons."
  She giggled and looked away bashfully, "You bumbling buffoon." Giving him a kiss on the lips, he returned it with full force.

  "Yes! Yes, I am a buffon - a buffon deeply in love with you.. please, another chance?" Wally was on his knees, he could care less about how dirty his outfit would be anything for a him to hear (Y/N) say she's forgiven him.
  With a laugh rising from her stomach she covered her mouth, "You definitely have to make up for your slip up, I won't let you off easy." He gave her a flirty grin, kissing her hands, he knew he'd do everything and anything to make it up, his grin turned mischievous - almost suggestive,

  "I can show you now?"