Chapter 5: The Walk

A/n: Professor Mcgonagall decided you could wear whatever you wanted to class on Mondays, and Fridays however, every other day, you have to wear the unifrom.

Reaching the right classroom just before the late bell rings, Y/n enters with her books. It was full with only one spot available. It was next to a girl with long red hair, green eyes and an orange-ish summer dress. It was Ginny Weasley.

Hurrying over, Y/n smiles happily at her. "Long time, no see."

"Oh hey!!! I got the best potions partner ever! I haven't seen you since the sorting! Mum's so proud you got into Slytherin. I think she would've been proud no matter what. Percy said he's surprised you weren't deemed a Muggle!" She blabbered on.

"Percy never had a lot of confidence in me." Y/n rolled her eyes.

"Well there's news! Bill and Fleur are having a child! We don't know the gender yet but we're all so excited! Did you know that? You should have known that but it makes a little bit of sense that you don't know that! You know, with you not being a real Weasley or anything! But still, I would have thought Mum would have told you! We're all excited! Did I mention that?"

But Y/n was frozen. Ginny's words had stung her. Not a real Weasley? Sure, it was true but it hurt. Y/n was sure Ginny hadn't meant it like Y/n wasn't a special member of the family but it still hurt.

The door flew open a second later, crashing against the hard cement walls. It was a man with greasy black hair and a hooked nose.

"Turn to page 1. We will be discussing poisons." He snarls.

"What's his name?" She whispers to Ginny.

"That's Professor Snape. He's a real jerk." Ginny replies grimly.

Ugh. I really can't wait until I get to go on a walk with Luna. This class sucks.

Y/n zones out and eventually the bell to go to the next class rings. Y/n gathers up all her stuff and hurries to her next class, not even saying goodbye to Ginny.

The day whizzes by, Y/n not paying attention in any of the classes. She was too excited to see Luna.

Finally, classes were done for the day. Y/n waits anxiously by the front doors for Luna. Five minutes go by and Y/n starts pacing.

"Boo!" A voice screams. "AGH!!!" Y/n yells in fright.

"Crap Luna! It's just you! Y-you scared me."

"Sorry!" Luna laughs, obviously finding this situation hilarious. "The way you screamed was just so funny!"

"C'mon, let's go." Y/n chuckles, embarrassed.

They walk together outside. They head toward the lake.

Halfway there, Luna grabs Y/n's hand silently. Y/n's heart flutters. She gives it a little squeeze and they keep walking.

When they reach the lake, they sit on a bench quietly, not speaking.

After a little while, Luna spoke. "I'm really glad you said you would come out with me."

"I'm really glad you asked." Y/n replies, heart pounding.

"I know I only met you yesterday but I think you're pretty amazing." Luna whispers.

Y/n's heart skipped several beats.

"I-I-" Y/n stumbles over her words.

Luna grins and looks back toward the lake.

Some time goes by. They sit and watch the lake and the sky as the clouds shift and colours blend.

They held hands the whole time.

Luna scoots a little closer to Y/n. Y/n notices and turns pink.

After a while, Luna spoke again. "I wonder if the water is cold."

"We could go touch it and find out?" Replies Y/n.

Luna nods, smiles and pulls Y/n down to the water.

When they reach the edge, Y/n kneels down to feel it. Feeling like they needed something to push the conversation along a little, she splashes water at Luna.

She screams and laughs. "Oh, you're gonna pay for that!" And she pushes Y/n into the water.

Y/n screams as she goes under. "You insane woman! What if I didn't know how to swim?!"

But Luna was laughing really hard. So hard in fact that she was struggling to breath. Her laugh was contagious, Y/n starts laughing too.

Swimming over to the edge of the water where Luna is, she grabs Luna's leg and pulls her in with her. Luna gives a gasp of surprise and screams.

She almost immediately starts laughing again though. "I can't even blame you."

Ducking under the water, Y/n swims under Luna and grabs Luna's ankle. Even under the water, Y/n could hear Luna's scream of surprise.

She pops back up next to Luna, scaring her again. Pretty soon, they're both shivering so Y/n grabs Luna's hand and pulls her toward shore.

Shaking and laughing, they climb out of the lake.

"You're special, Y/n Potter. I like that about you." Y/n could feel herself turn deep red.

They turn, grab each others hands again and head toward the castle, away from the lake.

Shivering, they reach the doors. "Let me walk you to the Slytherin dorms." Luna insists.

When at Y/n's dorm door, Luna takes a deep breath.

"Y/n, would you like to go on a date with me? I know I met you yesterday but I really think I like you." Luna looks into Y/n's eyes, seeming quite serious.

"Yes!" Gasps Y/n.

"Perfect. You're... Perfect." Luna beams. "See you tomorrow, Y/n."

As Y/n shuts the door, she feels light as a feather.

948 words