The Final Match

Once again, everyone had on their all-white suits. The two teams faced each other, both standing in perfect lines with their heads held high. The Green Lions and the Sapphire Owls would now play against each other for the final match. This was only the second time ever in Weston history where such an event had taken place. Those in the crowd who knew the significance of such an occurrence watched with especially baited breath, some hoping to see history repeat itself with a second Miracle of the Sapphires. And while some of the boys might not have quite understood what was unfurling with them at the center, both teams were bubbling over with determination to win.

Y/N was standing across from a large boy with a square head and a fat nose. It would've been intimidating had Y/N not stared down worse with a smile. "The final match-the Sapphire Owls vs. the Green Lions-will now begin!" Shouted the Umpire.

The crowd roared and cheered in response. Though some spectators seemed to hold onto slightly reasonable doubts regarding the Sapphire Owl team. "It's as if men are playing against boys," a man muttered. His wife replied saying, "Will it even be a game worth watching?"

Thankfully, there was someone in the crowd who was ready to defend Blue House. Or, at least, she was ready to defend her fiancè. "Ciel, do your best!" Lizzie shouted over the whispers of the doubtful spectators.

Edward made a noise that could only be described as one of pure distress and betrayal before shouting out his sister's name. Clearly the poor boy was hurt that Lizzie had rushed to Ciel's aid and not even cheered once for him. Y/N had to stifle a laugh as Greenhill looked down at his Fag and whispered, "That attitude is unbecoming, Midford."

"We'll give you a thorough thrashing!" Edward threatened Ciel through grit teeth.

"Do go easy on us," the Earl muttered in response, looking slightly off-put by Edward and the angry tears threatening to spill down his face.

"We'll come at you with everything we've got," Greenhill promised Bluewer.

"We are honored," Bluewer said with a curt nod. The boy across from Y/N didn't hiss any threats or give her any kind of remarks, he just looked at her with a cruel smile. Obviously her disguise as a crippled boy was still working fabulously, and everyone on both teams and in the crowd would be blown away by the performance of James Brewer in the deciding match of the second Miracle of the Sapphires.

From that, both teams separated and went to their respective dugouts to change out of the suits. Y/N checked her bindings one last time when no one was looking before putting on her white button up and blue sweater vest. Blue House would be first to bat while Green House was fielding. This worked a bit in their favor because this allowed Blue House to test their secret strategy for the first time in a game without the exhaustion of having just played an inning in the field. Even with a mind as sharp as Sebastian's taking the lead for this strategy, it would work best when it was first introduced and when Blue House was mentally and physically performing at their best.

A boy Y/N hadn't bothered to get to know well and Clayton had been sent up to bat first while a wolfish boy Y/N didn't recognize was set up to bowl. "Blue House bats first! Play!" Called out the Umpire as everyone took their respective stances.

Across the field, Y/N could see Sebastian going through the final preparations for their plot. An entire band of Blue House students had been set up in bleachers, the brass instruments reflecting the light onto the field. Sebastian had put up stands and sheet music for all the boys, and he himself was prepared to be their conductor. The concept of a school band or a marching band was unheard of, so these actions taken by Blue House might be read as rude at the time, but soon they would appear to be revolutionary. Sebastian held up his hands and soon, a beautiful melody Y/N recognized as the Radetzky March began to flow across the field.