It's okay now. - Chapter 20 (Finale)

In the previous chapter...

Luz POV

When I did open the door, my whole world shifted upside down. Amity... "AMITY!" I yelled my heart out. I ran to the balcony the fastest I could ever run. If my coaches in middle school saw me they would sign me up for the Olympics. This isn't real. Everything went into slow motion for me. Oh my god, amity! I thought as tears started running down my face. Oh my fucking god.

Now the present...

Luz POV

I ran up to Amity as she was definitely on the verge of jumping and when I did... I caught her at the last second. What if I had come here a second later? What would happen then.? The thought of what might've happened scares me. I looked down at Amity who was dangling off the rail with me holding her hand. She stared at me wide-eyed as I looked down at her. Her hair was all messed up, her face was beaten up, and by the looks of it, she cried a lot. The main thing that surprised me was the fact that she was wearing one of my jackets. Seeing her like that hurt me in many ways. "HOLD ON AMITY!" I yelled as she quickly started to hold tighter onto my hand. I used all my strength to pull her up and she did too. When she got onto the balcony I quickly hugged her. So tightly... I missed this so fucking bad. God. Amity hugged me tight as well and I could feel her tears drop on my hoodie. "Oh, Amity..." I whispered to myself.

Amity POV

Luz... Fuck what the hell! What was I thinking? Of course, she's here! She's always here to save me. I missed Luz's touch. Unlike my Mom's... it was gentle and comforting. I had never missed a person so goddamn bad! I buried my head into her chest and cried. She brushed through my hair and I could see her smiling softly which quickly turned into a frown as her eyebrows furrowed. "It's okay now, alright? I'm here Amity"  she rubbed my tears away with her open hand and held me tighter. "I love you Luz..." I mumbled and slowly closed my eyes. "I love you too Amity." Luz whispered before I drifted off.

Hunter POV

"You're saying that you're going to call the cops on ME when you broke into MY house?" Odalia yelled. "Well yeah." I spoke while sitting on a couch in the living room and licking a lollipop. We were actually having an interesting conversation. Alador was listening to what I was saying very closely and by the looks of it he agreed. "Well... you did lock your child in her room for no reason" Willow spoke. "Then you went in there to abuse her based on what Alador said" Boscha added. "Boscha really! I thought I could trust you!" Odalia yelled. "Boscha is actually a really good friend to us" Gus said with a big smile on his face.

"So... the thing is Odalia. I let them come into the house, I knew these were Amity's friends based on a picture I saw in her room. There's no way they could break in so easily." Alador spoke. "This is my house and you know that. We could call the police on you and they would believe every single thing we say" he continued. "Would you want that? Or let my sister-in-law do what she wants?" I smiled and finished my lollipop. "God, you're so scary when you're trying to convince someone" Gus spoke. "Yep! It comes from when I had to convince Vee to take the blame for all of the stuff I broke in the house! Mom let the girls get away with stuff like that" I laughed and Boscha looked at me surprisingly. "I- I don't think this is fair! You-" someone cut her off.

Luz POV

"Actually it is" I said while walking downstairs with Amity on my back. Everyone turned towards me and so did Odalia with hate in her eyes. "YOU... you! You're the one who started this!" Odalia ran towards me and Willow stopped her. "Luz isn't afraid of you like I was Odalia" Willow whispered and Odalia turned into a tomato. I guess it runs in the family. I held Amity out and looked at her with the straightest face ever. I was angry. Oh, I was furious. Everyone looked at her shocked except for Odalia who stood there with a straight face. "Oh my god!" Everyone yelled. "Amity's fucking tired, beaten, and bruised! You did this Odalia. Are you happy?" I spoke.