7.0 Small and Terrible

Elida may not be as smart and witty as Dimitri, but she is no fool to not figure out that her ex-husband has something up his sleeves. She'll understand if Dimitri doesn't want to make a deal with her. It didn't really end well. However, she knows that he wouldn't make an effort to help her just because he wants to. There's something more to it. Though, is she really in the position to even be cautious with him or be picky to whom she should ask for help? It's no use to be more wary of him. All she wants is to never go back to that place. To whatever Dimitri is planning, she'll let him be.

Even after hours of being up, she doesn't dare to go out at all. Though, the more she stays in that room, the more she feels like she is wasting her time. She at least has to do something. What is Dimitri doing at this point anyway? Is he going to solve this by himself? That's not exactly what she intends.

After minutes of hesitating, she heads over to the door. Before she could open the door, someone else opened it. Instead of meeting Dimitri which she expects it to be, she meets a woman in a flowy purple dress. She takes a step back.

"Oh, you're awake!" The woman said. She doesn't wait for Elida to say anything as she barges in the room without any explanation. The woman is much smaller than Elida in terms of height. Her hair is tied up in a messy bond. She has a lousy brown duffel bag with her. The one thing Elida notices though is her right hand, the only thing covered with dark red gloves.

Elida frowns. "Who are you?" It wasn't long when she had her little outburst. Even the simple golden strings she could easily control floats around her. Her senses get stronger and she gets a smell of the woman's blood. Sorcerer.

"You're a sorcerer," Elida growls.

The woman doesn't say anything else and just smiles. She puts down her duffel bag on the table in front of the couch. Elida takes a step back. The woman opens her bag and pulls out a clear glass bottle. It has a clear substance in it that has a thicker substance.

"Here drink this," The woman gives the vial to her.

"I'm not drinking that," Elida glares. The golden strings around her even go brighter.

The woman sighs. "I'm Kalea. Dimitri forced me to tend to you. You don't want to be a walking bomb, right?"

"Forced you. That's pretty much saying that you have no intention of helping me. Who knows what that vial could have inside,"

The woman remains unbudged. "You can smell poison as much as smell the blood that courses through my veins. Go ahead. Check if there's poison. Pretty sure you can check that yourself," she throws the vial to her. As a reflex, Elida catches it.

The golden strings around her touch on the vial itself. It doesn't hint at any sort of dark magic in it. Elida looks up at the woman who calls herself Kalea.

"Dimitri sent you, you say?"

Kalea nods and flops down the couch. "I'm Dimitri's personal alchemist. He asked me to give you something that would temporarily neutralize the uncontrolled abilities," He isn't planning to do all the work afterall.

"I won't be able to control my abilities?"

"Just the dark magic inside you,"

The shadows. Elida thought. She takes one last look at the vial before she opens it. She drinks it one go. It's almost like hard liquor slides down her throat.

"So, you're...Dimitri's wife?" Kalea spoke.

Elida notices Kalea looking her up and down. She ignores the look, but she knows what that look entails.