Burned

Burned

Ethan came inside the bathroom holding a pair of fresh boxers and a towel, he looked at the younger who was spacing out by now and never acknowledged his presence.

Slowly he placed the things aside from the tub and went near the younger. Ian flinched when Ethan placed his hands over his shoulder. The older started to wash the younger with a touch so careful and soft. He didn't question nor did he accuse Ian of anything but Ian had his mind racing with negative thoughts all around.

"Please don't hate me.........I...I don't know what's wrong with me.....I.." he was desperately trying to clear his stance, not wanting to be seen as an attention seeker or worse a lunatic. Ethan didn't respond though, he kept quiet washing and rubbing soapy water over the delicate skin of his husband.

In his turmoil he forgot about everything, only remembering how Ian was crying with a scared look on his face. Thoughts from different aspects including Ian going mentally unstable ran through his mind but he ditched the last thought, disagreeing with his own rational mind. He was even angry with himself for thinking this way for the younger.

Ian was perfectly fine. He was functioning well in every other chores or activity, except for some moments where Ethan also didn't know what was happening to the younger. The past events made him think to consult his friend Elliot. Making a mental note he focused back on his tiny husband.

The tiny husband was quietly sitting there in the tub, minding his own business. When Ethan didn't reply to his plead, Ian remained silent for the rest of the time.

Quietly, Ethan stood up picking up the towel. He pulled Ian softly by his arms like a little child and wrapped him in the long towel covering his head too causing the younger to look like a baby.

Escorting him out into the room, Ethan made him sit on the chair and went inside the bathroom again. After a while, he returned and looked around the room. The bed was half dirty and the smell of vomit was unbearable.

"we can use the guest room for the night," he said almost to himself. Ian looked up at him and then looked down. He wasn't sure if his voice would appreciate his efforts to speak, so ignorance was the best suitable answer.

Ethan gestured for the younger and they both left their bedroom to go downstairs to reside in the guest room for the night. As they went downstairs, Ian felt a little movement behind him like someone also wanted to leave with them.

He turned around abruptly to look at his back with wide searching eyes but found nothing. Ethan watched him quietly, he didn't interrupt or question but simply placed his hands under the younger's legs and waist and picked him up.

The younger still looked at his back, didn't know what he felt and what was following him. they entered the room right beside their parents and Ethan placed Ian on the bed. He looked around for anything they would need for the night and found an empty jug.

"I will get the water from the kitchen.........don't move from here baby okay?..... I will be right back" Ethan said cupping Ian's face in his palms, talking to him politely not to give Ian any wrong idea but the younger felt irritation and worriedness behind those words.

Eyes pooling with tears, Ian watched his husband leaving the room. He sat there silently, trying his best to console himself that nothing was wrong, nothing is going to happen.

In his thoughts of comfort, Ian heard a voice near his ears, like a whisper of air. Scared he looked around to find any source but no, as usual, there was nothing out of the ordinary.

"Ian~"

A sweet voice called out to him making his heart go wild. Slowly standing up on the floor and clutching his towel in his hand, Ian wanted nothing to just fly out of the room but then it will happen again and again and again. The thought made him halt in his steps and look around with fear in his eyes.