House Hostilities

Leaving the class, Kenny was not in a good mood and definitely didn't want to hear Draco talking about how funny it was to 'see Potter get humbled'.

He walked ahead of Daphne, Draco and the thugs that he walked around with. His mood only improved slightly after he heard light footsteps rapidly approach him and a head of bushy hair came into his peripheral.

"Thanks."

She spoke quietly and didn't make eye contact. Before Kenny could respond, she had sprinted off just as she had done on the train and at the primary school.

'Cute.'

Next morning, Kenny read the newspaper as he had breakfast. The main headline was about a break-in at gringotts bank. Vault 713 was broken into by parties unknown however the goblins insist that nothing was taken.

He was mid spoonful of porridge when Crabbe and Goyle sat opposite him and Draco next to him.

They seemed excited about something, Draco especially seemed to want to talk about something. Seemingly waiting for Kenny to ask.

"I Can't wait!"

Kenny lazily looked away from the paper and gazed at Draco unamused.

He sighed.

"For what?"

"Flying lessons, obviously."

Draco had been bragging about his ability on a broomstick since they arrived at the castle as had everyone else.

Kenny had wondered about flight since he learned of magic in this world. Or perhaps era would be more appropriate. Being able to fly was a staple of any wizard and yet noone seems to be able to.

Instead they rely on items such as broomsticks to enable flight. This wasn't all that uncommon but what was strange was the usage of brooms instead of jewelry.

Regardless, Kenny wasn't interested. In his opinion, the broom made you look ridiculous. He would much rather use a spell but that might not be allowed.

Draco spotted Potter on the gryffindor table and saw that Longbottom, the boy who kept losing his toad thanks to his godforsaken memory, had recieved a parcel.

He motioned for Crabbe and Goyle to follow. He was about to leave but seemed to notice that Kenny had not moved and was still reading the paper.

"Kenny."

He didn't even look up.

"Yes, Draco."

"Well aren’t you coming?"

Before Kenny could respond, a pair of arms snaked around his shoulders possessively and a blonde head came to rest on his left shoulder, smirking up at Draco.

"Afraid not Draco. He's mine for now, you can have him when I'm done."

This was the first that Kenny had heard of this but he would be lying if he said he wasn't curious as to what she needed.

"Why don't you go play with Potter on your own, or can't you do that without Kenny to back you up?"

Draco had never said he was going to Potter but it was obvious. Every time he left the hall, he made a point to go around the griffindor table despite the fact that it was out of his way. Any chance he got he tried to mock or humiliate Potter and the gryffindors

He grew flustered and turned on his heel to march up to the gryffindor table.

Daphne watched him leave and only when he actually reached Potter did she release her grip, lift her head and sit next to him.

"Did you need something, Daphne or did you just want to tease Draco?"

She giggled and placed her chin in her hand.

"A bit of both."

Her words were sly and her tone was playful.

"I'm sure you know this, but we've got flying lessons today and, though it's a bit embarrassing, I never learned to fly. I just never found it interesting."

Her face was anything but that of an embarassed young girl. She was smirking mischievously behind her hand.

"And I was wondering if you could help me. I don’t want to make a fool of myself in front of everyone."

"I'm afraid I'm not very experienced myself."

She clasped her hands together and smiled elatedly.

"Then we can learn together!"

He eyed her suspiciously.

"What are you up to?"

"Nothing~ I just wanna spend some time with my friend, that okay with you?"

"Fine, fine. But how do you intend for us to learn before the class?"

She once again smirked and grabbed his arm, pulling him out of his seat and towards the gryffindor table.

At the gryffindor table Draco had just left as did professor Mcgonagall in the opposite direction.

Longbottom was clasping some glass orb, Potter and Weasley seemed to be ruffled from Draco's little visit and Granger was reading a book aloud, seemingly ignorant of what was going on around her.

At their arrival to the table Weasley spoke up.

"Oh, not more snakes!"

Daphne responded cheekily, obviously having decided that she would speak for them both.

"Put your claws away, little lion cub, we're not here to fight."

She rounded on Granger who had looked up from her book at Ron's comment.

"That book you're reading, do you mind if we read it with you?"

Hermione looked at daphne then saw Kenny, which she smiled at. Then she saw that Daphne still hadn't let his arm go, which she frowned at.

She glared jelously at Daphne to which Daphne stared back challengingly.

Hermione huffed and looked away. She straightened her back snootily.

"Please yourselves."

Daphne sank into the seat to Hermione's right, pulling Kenny to sit to her right.

She faced hermione while reading and leant back to rest on Kenny. She did this while smirking at Hermione with her eyebrows raised and her arms crossed.

At this point, Longbottom, who Hermione was reading to until Daphne interrupted, spoke up nervously.

"Hermione, c-can you keep going, please."

"Sorry, neville."

She turned back to her book and began reading aloud. The book in question seemed to be a book about quidditch, the sport that involves flying on broomsticks.

At this point Kenny realised that Daphne only wanted to tease Hermione and annoy the Gryffindors.

She may have been more subtle than Draco, but Daphne seemed to enjoy messing with those who she deemed to be inferior just as much as, if not more than Draco.

As Ron and Harry had previously been seated next to Hermione, they had to move up when Kenny and Daphne squeezed in, they didn't seem particularly happy about this and Ron, who kept bumping elbows with Kenny was now running low on patience.

He stood up with a huff and, closely followed by Harry, left looking quite cross and muttering about 'bloody snakes!'.