Chapter 1

Chapter 1: A Disappointing End To The Hero Of Justice

What did I get myself into? All we want to do is to change the hearts of many rotten adults in Japan… I then got myself arrested… Being on probation is a bitch…

I was beaten by other officers. Even interrogated by Makoto's sister, Sae… I told her everything that has happened to me as a Phantom Thief, more specifically, the leader of a group of Phantom Thieves.

"...I see." Sae said, "So that's what led to your ending up here. What a disappointing end to the hero of justice…"

Justice… My justice… My honor… I must protect it at all costs… But… I screwed up… My probation… My promise to Sojiro… Everything… And now I must pay the price.

Sae then struck a deal with me. It's just like her Shadow when I tried to steal her heart… She told me the names of my friends that are relevant with The Phantom Thieves. Ryuji… Ann… Yusuke… Makoto… Futaba… Haru… Not even Morgana…

"Those are your accomplices in the Phantom Thieves case, are they not?" Sae asked,

Everyone… I'm sorry…

"...That's right." I replied with guilt,

Am I really making the right choice? I guess I am…

"...As I thought." Sae said, "You've made a wise choice. Thank you. I'll do my best with what you've told me."

My reputation really precedes me, huh?

As Sae left, I was alone. I wonder, why did I do this? Selling out my friends… I'm going to Hell if there is one…

Then, Goro Akechi came in. He was a Phantom Thief as well. He wanted to change Sae's heart. A police officer came in as well… But, something was off. I feel like I failed to accomplish something important… I failed my job as a… Phantom Thief of Heart. Akechi grabbed the policeman's gun and shot him in the chest. Am I next?

"...You and your little friends were vital to our plan." Goro said, "And now, it will be completed…"

Akechi-kun… He's gone insane.

"Have you finally pieced it all together?" Goro asked me,

He pointed the gun to my head. He gave me a smile that's… Menacing…

"Case closed…" He said, menacingly, "This is how your "justice" ends."

Pow. I was dead. He killed me, head on to the gun. He dropped the gun to fake it and I did it to myself and left. My visions went red all of a sudden… Am I going to the Velvet Room where I'll remain a prisoner for eternity? Or… Am I going to Hell?