Lightning Strikes

All eyes were on us. Lucy then threw her hands up sending calm energy into both Kingston and Black. "This has to stop. Kingston, I know what he has done. I know what has been taken from you and your family and that can never be forgotten. Black, nothing excuses the horrific things you have done. With that said I now understand your pain. Your heart was broken as a child and it never stopped even as you had to become Alpha. All you have ever known is pain." They then glared back into each other's eyes still feeling angry.

I nodded to Lucy signaling her to go to the next step. She moved her hands in a quick motion. Both Kingston and Black fell to their knees with tears in their eyes. "What are you doing?" I heard Black mumble. "Lucy here has switched your emotions. All the pain, heartache, despair you both have felt throughout the years. She switched them and now you are feeling what the other has all these years."

Both men gripped their chest tightly feeling the pain of the other is like walking a mile in each other's shoes. This was needed. I walked up to my mate and kissed his cheek. "Trust me please." I then laid my hands on his chest. I focused on his heart the emotional sense. Feeling breaks and cracks all through his heart and slowly began to replace them and heal them. While he was hovering over catching his breath I walked to Black.

His eyes held many emotions that were felt by Kingston for many years. I then like Kingston put my hand upon his chest. I focused and seen it was missing pieces, broken, and fragile. A shell of what should be there. I dug deep and pushed my feelings aside and began putting the pieces back together.

Once the final piece began to take form he fell to his knees. He was gasping for air. "What did you do to me?" he questioned in between his heavy breathing. Lucy lowered her arms and was no longer forcing their feelings. "I fixed what was broken. You both were broken inside so deeply it would have continued until it finally shattered. It would have destroyed everything. We both would have lost and there would have been no way to fix what would of happened."

Black rose to his feet looking at each and every one of us and his eyes were no longer full of anger but sorrow. "I am so sorry. I am so sorry for everything. I wish I could turn back time. I lost control many years ago and I never realized how much pain I was causing." "Words cannot fix the damage, but actions can." I walked to my mate and hugged him tightly as if I was losing him.

"You are amazing you know that?" I kissed him "No, I was saving the ones I never want to lose." Suddenly I heard lightning crack across the sky and I saw Black on his knees staring at the sky like he was praying. Then before us in a flash of lighting was Athena and another beautiful woman from her power, I assumed was Selene.

They both looked at me and Lucy, "You both did great. This is the way the story was always suppose to end." Selene spoke softly. "I knew you could do it." Athena said with a small smile on her face as they both turned to face Black.

 Selene knelt before him. "Is that truly what you want?" he looked at her with pleading eyes. "Yes, I may not be able to fix everything, but I do not belong here. He does, I belong with them." His words were confusing but both goddess's nodded at Black before turning to face us.

"He has made a dying declaration and I think it is well deserved." They then looked down at Black. "Alpha Black it is not your time. Not yet, there is more you need to accomplish. You will find peace and at the end of your time you will be joined with your parents again. Your request will be filled though."

 He lowered his head and nodded. "I believe someone is missing." Selene spoke and with a wave of Athena's hand Layla appeared. She was frightened. Athena walked up staring at Layla but I knew she was in no harm.

"You are a great warrior, very strong. You lost someone who meant the entire world to you but yet you held on and fought through the pain to help your friends. To survive for your child. I believe Blacks request is well deserved." She then backed away from Layla leaving her and all of us confused.

The Goddess's held each other's hands and began chanting. A white ball of smoke started forming. When they quit chanting the smoke began to clear and I could see a silhouette of a person standing within it. Gasps were heard as Layla broke out in tears falling to the ground. "Calvin?"

 Layla was in shock as the rest of us. He was here, alive. Calvin ran to Layla whisking her up in a giant hug. I looked to Athena trying to figure out what happened. "Black wanted to change places with Calvin. We figured after everything this was one thing we could give in return." They then both disappeared with another strike of lightning.