We Need a Medic Over Here!

With that, I rolled over towards Naveaia. Extraordinarily tough, it was disturbing to see her unconscious, her body, where visible through the gashes in her armor, cut deeply by the sentinels' weapons.

- Can you revive her, t'sang inside? - I asked as I scanned over her looking for something that would be a mortal blow to the powerful mecha.

- Affirmative, - my passenger replied. - She suffered some sort of shock attack in addition to the physical assault. It has disrupted her neural net. I am reinitializing it now. -

Naveaia took a long, shuddering breath as her eyes fluttered open. And found me looking at her with concern, my visor up to show my face.

"Can you hear me, Naveaia?" I asked, peering at her.

"Yes," she faintly said before coughing, sending a plume of dust into the admittedly dusty air in the cabin. Another cough then she was rolling onto her back to stare at the ceiling.

"Yes, I can hear you," she said, this time with a much stronger voice. "What happened, Two?"

I let a long breath go.

"My passenger calls them 'sentinels'; some sort of semi-intelligent watch dogs Garolan leaves on high value assets while it directs its active resources elsewhere."

She nodded her understanding then looked down at her ravaged armor.

"Dogs, maybe. But ones with bite," she said before looking over at me. "You appear relatively intact. Am I correct in assuming you pulled us out of there?" When I nodded, she sucked in another breath, coughed, and looked back at me. "You have my thanks for saving me ... again."

I smiled weakly as I looked back at her.

"Risen don't leave Risen behind, Naveaia," I said.

"No, but you were tempted, weren't you?" she asked, her brow lifting and I chuckled.

"For a second or two," I admitted and, to my surprise, she laughed.

"With everything that I've done to you, Two, I wouldn't have blamed you if you had!" she said with a grin.

I chuckled wryly once again and, for a brief moment, we weren't enemies. We weren't friends by any stretch of the imagination, but we certainly weren't enemies either. Then she turned to look at the unmoving figures filling the passenger cabin.

"Goa damn," she said before looking over at me. "I'm pretty sure you had to reinitialize me to wake me up. And you can probably do the same for the ghost. But I have no idea how we're going to revive the rest."

I sighed as I thought that one over. Normally, I would've suggested a goa surge for the Risen, but did we even have any spare crystals? I know I didn't carry them. As for the t'sang crafted, organo-metallic bodies the terrans wore, I was with Naveaia on that one. No frickin' idea.

Then, again, I had a t'sang on board that might.

"Check your escort to see if they were carrying extra goa crystals," I suggested. "A surge might be enough to pull them out of it. I'll reinitialize Hannibal then check with my passenger to see if it has something for the bodies its kind invented."

"Good thinking," Naveaia said with a nod as she carefully rolled onto her hands and knees. She then moved to the nearest of her team and began to check her utility pouches for a crystal cache, which used to be standard Risen issue back when goa was much more readily available.

For my part, I made my way to Hannibal. Reaching through one of the tears in his armor, I touched his zero-gap skin. And immediately I sensed what the problem was: his essence had its interface with his body disrupted. All I needed to do was re-establish the interface and ...