[1] Welcome to your new life

You are weightless, floating in a sea of nothingness. It is neither cold or warm. Nor dark or light. It simply is. As you are. You cannot even feel where your limbs begin or end. There is no wind to brush against you, and no air enters your lungs.

Where am I? Is a prevailing thought. It echos in your mind, wracking your consciousness for an answer. Some sparks of memories are shaken loose, and then it hits you. And you have one thing to say about it.

Dying kinda sucks!

You remember you were sitting in a plush leather seat. Air conditioning blowing at your face and ruffling your hair. Music filtering through the air to the tune of your current youtube singer that caught your fascination. Tapping your fingers on the wheel between your hands to the rhythm. Eyes looking out straight ahead to a road you are driving on.

You were on your way home from work. Happy to finally have clocked out of that boring hellscape you call a job. Looking forward to watching season 4 of your all-time favorite show Lego Monkie kid. You had a plan and everything. You'd microwave your dinner, set up your phone, and watch it on that HappyKids app with the stupid ads cause it was free.

Life was great! That is, until it wasn't.

You never did see that truck.

It happened so fast. Your light had just turned green. You were halfway there when they ran the red light. The glass shattered; your old reliable car crumpled in a cacophony of noise. The force of it all hit you so hard you felt your ribs cave. Your body jerked and pain lanced through your spine like lightning. Not even a second after, your head cracked against the window, and you knew something broke.

You didn't die fast. It was slow and agonizing. Your brain firing all it's working pain receptors all at once. Frantically slamming the panic button to alert you to the damage you sustained. Yet you couldn't move. Couldn't lift your head as your vision swam. Helpless to only listen to the sounds around you.

Your music was still playing. Continuing it's catchy tune without you almost mockingly. People were outside. Some sounded panicked, some sounded angry. There are sirens in the distance.

The man who hit you was drunk. Absolutely hammered out of his mind. You could hear his belligerent voice yelling nonsense to the bystanders. The one glimpse you caught of him showed him perfectly able to walk around after the crash. Of course he came out unscathed.

Just your luck to become another number of the countless victims to drunk driving. Unable to even call for help as you felt yourself slip away. Feeling as you only grew colder as the minutes ticked on. How your broken breaths became too much to bear. Suffering the whole way.

It was a relief when it all simply stopped.

And now you are here. Alone in a place you do not know. It definitely doesn't represent either the heaven or hell you've been taught. Maybe its purgatory? The in-between? You never were well versed in that sort of stuff.

Is this it? Was that really the end to your life? It can't be!

Your dreams to finish college are over. Your career outside of boring retail will never be experienced. You didn't get to see the world like you wanted. You can't go on that trip you were saving up so long for. Not to mention all the fanfiction you will never get to read!

You didn't want your life to end up like this! You didn't want this!

You fight to move, to tear and claw at the abyss around you. You cannot feel if you are successful. You have no proprioception here much to your frustration.