- * beauty

I awoke to the ceiling staring back at me, the carefully placed patterns turning in each direction.

I immediately smelt the newly fresh bedding, she had changed it just yesterday evening while i was helping Owen Grady with his raptors.

Moving my head slightly to the side, i noticed how the sunlight crept through the curtains. My eyes followed the bright beam, and it took me straight to her. The rays of light sat perfectly on her face, as i studied it carefully.

Her pale face shone as the sun rested there, freckles delicately scattered around her features.

Her fiery red hair, which was neat and tidy a few hours ago, now stuck out in a couple different directions. Reaching my hand forwards, I gently stroked my forefinger through a few strands, feeling how soft it was. Letting my hand drop back to my side, I took a deep breath in and her hair smelt like vanilla, the exquisite scent flowing towards and into my nose - I told her that shampoo would be a good one!

Her long eyelashes sat comfortably on her delicate skin as her eyelids covered her sage green eyes, where I knew if she were awake, I wouldn't be able to stop gazing into them.

Her plump lips slightly opened as she slept, and as her thick eyebrows relaxed in a fixed position, I knew she was content and sleeping peacefully.

Her nose was like the finishing touch to her elegant face, the perfect shape to match her perfect features, and I found myself staring at her beauty for much longer then i actually needed to.

I allowed my mind to drift and ponder. No one actually new that me and Claire were together, not even Owen or Simon. Not even Claire's own sister, Karen.

But, it was for the best, to keep it a secret. We had no idea if people would accept us, so it was better, for now, to keep our relationship hush. When Claire is ready, we can announce it, maybe not to everyone, but to a few close friends at least.

How would we announce it? Would we start a conversation and slowly ease into it, or would we just be blunt and straight up about it?

However, a quiet voice pulled me from my thoughts. After focusing again, I was staring into those gorgeous eyes of hers, those green colours swimming deeply and further into them.

"Morning," I smiled at her, and she smiled back.

"Morning, honey" she whispered and smiled also, before lifting her arms over her head and stretched.

"I let you sleep in a bit today, since we don't need to get up as early as we usually do" I said, as she turned to face me again.

As I said that, she immediately turned to look at the clock, and gasped as it read 8 o'clock. She quickly kicked the duvet off her, and placed her feet down on the floor, before scurrying over to her wardrobe to get something to wear.

"What's the rush?" I questioned with a smirk.

"It's better to be early rather than late, and plus, I have quite a few things that need to get done today."

"Right," I rolled my eyes playfully.

I stood up and shuffled towards the window, and ogled at the view outside. You could see all sorts of different dinosaur paddocks, the main area, the main building, trees, everything.

I only just realised how lucky I am to have gotten accepted as a worker here at Jurassic World. Not only have I gotten the job that I really wanted, but also met the love of my life here too.

Turning to look at said woman, she sat on the bed to frantically put her heels on.

I walked to the wardrobe to get out some clothes, and once I was done, I turned my head to look at Claire once again, but was met with the sight of her watching me instead.

Raising my eyebrows at this, I was glad to see that she still hadn't moved. We carried on our little staring contest for a few more moments before I had had enough, and quickly stepped over to her and brought her in for a kiss on the cheek, then left her side to get dressed.

A flush crept up her face, and after, she gave me a mischievous grin.

I caught myself staring at her yet again. Her beauty was alluring.

A/n: hey guys! So this is the first one shot of this book, forgive me if there are any errors and stuff. also please remember that this one shot collection is specifically claire x FEMALE reader. anyway, i actually had a lot of fun writing this, so expect more to come in the future!

💗