11. drv3 bonus scene!

cw; a lil angst..

There was a faint, low drum on the door.
"Kaitoooo?"

"Come in..!" He called back weakly, head spinning from raising his voice. Kaito raised his hands and clutched his head, taking deep breaths in and out; the door swung open and bashed off the wall. Loud.
"I brought you a bagel. You uh... You like bagels, right?"

Kaito glanced up from the corner of his eye and gave a small smile.
"Yes,"- he gestured for Kokichi to come closer-"I do, thank you."

The shorter boy beamed and hurried over, handing it proudly over on the small china plate. It seems Kaito's eyes must have sparkled at the sight because Kokichi's grin only grew and he plonked down on the bed, watching intently as Kaito bit into the bagel.

"Good?"

Kaito nodded.

"How do you feel?" Kokichi asked, and the taller one paused, finishing his mouthful of food and sucking in a deep breath.

"Um.. I'm just, well, tired. And I feel like shit, cuz my head hurts, and I can barely think straight or do anything on my own, which you probably gathered considering I made you get me food and then deliver it to me like some incompetent child- I'm really sorry, by the way..-!" A hand slapped over his mouth.

"Stop," Kokichi mumbled, peeling his hand away and giving a smug smile, "It's fine, Kaito. I offered, but you couldn't have done it on your own."

"Yeah. Because... Because I'm fucking useless."

A silence settled over the room.

"Kai..- Kaito?"

Kaito bit his tongue.

"Kaito... I.. you're crying..?"

He didn't... What? He... He wasn't supposed to be crying. He lifted a finger up to his eye and grazed it along his cheek. It was soaked with tears.

Oh. Oh.

"I.. um. Did I.. Did I say something?" Kokichi asked, face paling and hands falling from Kaito's face to his sides.

"No. No. You.. You um... I.. Thanks."- Kaito looked away-"Thanks for the food, Ouma."

"Oh. Um. Do you want me to go?"

Trying to bite back his tears, Kaito nodded quickly.
"Yeah."

...