Chapter 4 what now

It's been two weeks since Vicy left to make his college applications in the city. I have seen his father a couple of times. We have been regularly communicating and he updates me on all he has been doing in the city. He seems to like it there and is excited most of the time about new adventures in his life. It's been lonely since he left, however, as days have gone by it's getting better and I'm beginning to get back to my normal lone days. They involve waking up, doing my house chores, helping at home with whatever needs to be done, watching movies, and reading. I have barely gone out of the house since Vicy left. My mom even noticed and started with all the questions about me being home a lot nowadays.

My siblings are here for the weekend and it has kept me on my toes since yesterday when they arrived. Today being a Friday will even be busier with all the prep work since tomorrow is Sabbath day. I love when all my family is around even my dad will be home today evening. I know today my brothers will light a bonfire and we play different games and make memories.

........

Sabbath day is here and the activities in my house are insane. My mom got two ladies to help with preparing food for the day, it would have been too much work for only her to handle. As everyone is running around freshening up and dressing up. I'm in my room reminiscing how life has been different since I met Vicy. I have kind of stopped holding back things I want to do. However, I'm still introverted and love my own company while discovering different worlds in the books I have read.

The Sabbath day has been great and my sisters had mentioned in the morning they'll be going to visit some of their friends. Even in my family sometimes I feel invisible and not belonging. Vicy calls, and we talk about a lot he tells me how he'll be travelling to the coast with his uncle's family. Seems like an interesting adventure for him. As I hang up the call and decide to walk home. I want to start researching on my college applications. I'm walking towards the church gate with my earphones listening to my favorite list of worship songs. I'm so consumed in the songs as I walk, I feel someone tap me from behind. I'm startled, I turn around in a little fear. It is Paul, where did this one surface from? I wonder as I remove my earphones and turn to face him.

"Hey Monty. It's been a while huh!" Paul says.

"Yea," I reply not knowing what else to say to him. I turn and start walking because today is not it.

"Heyyy...did I offend you?" he follows me and is now walking by my side.

"Nop," I reply.

"Then why are you putting me off like that Monty?" Paul asks.

"Paul I'm tired from church. I just wanna go home and relax."

"Okay....I was in church too. Maybe I can walk you home?" He asks.

"No, Thank you I'm ok walking on my own," I reply.

"Hey Monty, please. Lemme walk you home trust me I won't say a word." Paul says while holding my hand to make me stop walking.

"Please let go of my hand. I'm ok walking alone. Is that hard to understand Paul?" I retort in anger. He frees my hand and I start walking off again. The time I wanted his attention he never gave me any at all. What changed that he now wants to walk me home? I'm just so tired and figured it is best that I keep off friendship since Vicy and Sasha are not around.

"Please Monty I feel like I offended you. I promised Vicy I will check up on you and I want to keep the promise." He says sounding apologetic.

"I get it; he is your pal. And I think you have checked up on me as you can see I'm super fine. I spoke to him a while back and he knows I'm fine." I reply to him.