Chapter: 2

It was a dark night when the silver moon shone high in the dark abyss of the sky. Sounds of bombs whistled into the sky like an explosion of fireworks.

Screams ripped through the air down below the rocky tower. As the sounds of the bell tower struck and echoed loudly in the midnight sky. The sky was coated with a distant of glittering skies.

Circe stood gasping against the rocky wall with her maid fumbling next to her. The pirate was angry as he held the knife toward her neck. The vein of it pulsing as it touched it.

The glow of the silver half moon shone high above the black sky setting everything alight before her. Her heart best pounded loud and hard behind her ear as the handsome man peered down at her.

She could only see half of his face. His skin was tan much darker than hers but she could also see that he was handsome.
In her mid panic state the knife that touched her vein didn't feel so tight anymore.

Instead, it felt light even when it scraped the base of the neck.

Another scream tore in the air and the wind whistled wildly.

Someone was here. Her head full of blonde hair lifted up from the knife as she was held against the wall firmly.

"Stay." His hot breathe fanned her face making her shiver. As a wave of goosebumps danced across her skin. She gulped, feeling a hard knot form tightly in her throat.

"You're coming with us." He grabbed her by the wrist harshly digging his finger nails into her pale skin. She yelped but he ignored it as he dragged her down the winding passageway illuminated by the moon above them.

"Move!" He called to her when she slowed down a bit as he pushed her forward with brute force.

She had no choice to follow.

Even when the sounds of people crying around them could be heard she stayed frozen stiff as he moved her down the rocky place.

It felt like ten minutes have passed when he pushed her onto the dark ship.
Her eyes widening when men of all shapes and sizes flared at her.

Some made kissy noises at her others whistled. And she flinched when the wind howled making her hair dance over her face.

She was brought to the middle of the ship as the others surrounded them.

"Capn' what is this?" One with a ghastly breathe asked and a pot belly.

"The governor's daughter..."  He responded while pushing her toward the center of the ship. She flinched when another bomb whistled and tore through the air setting her town in flames.

Where was her father?

She tried to struggle and run off the ship but she was caught mid way and pulled to the side.

"Stay little bird." The man sneered down at her as he watched her carefully. Her skin glowed with sweat as it sparkled in the golden sun above them.

"She will do." Was all he said as she gasped when something fell over her hooded eyelids like a mask.

And she was instantly immersed in darkness.