Chapter 2: Trapped

Christoph and the woman had been trapped in the cave for what felt like days. They had managed to find a small crevice in the rocks where they could take shelter, but their water was running low and the darkness was starting to take its toll on their spirits.

"We need to find a way out of here," Christoph said, his voice hoarse from thirst.

"I know," the woman replied, her tone resigned. "But everything seems to be blocked."

They had tried every possible exit, but the rubble from the collapse had sealed off every path. Christoph's leg was still in pain from the impact, and the woman's legs were both badly bruised and swollen.

As they sat in silence, Christoph noticed a glimmer of light coming from a small opening in the rocks above them. He immediately stood up, wincing at the pain in his leg.

"Look!" he exclaimed, pointing up to the opening. "There's a way out!"

The woman stood up too, a glimmer of hope in her eyes. Together, they started to climb up towards the opening, using whatever handholds they could find.

But just as they were getting close, they heard a loud cracking sound. The rocks around them started to shake, and small rocks began to fall from the ceiling.

"We need to get out of here now!" Christoph shouted, his voice barely audible over the noise.

The woman panicked and froze in place, but Christoph managed to grab her arm and pull her towards him. They both ducked and covered their heads as the ceiling above them gave way, burying them in a mountain of rubble.

When the dust had settled, Christoph slowly pushed aside the rocks and debris, searching for the woman. He found her buried under a pile of rocks, her eyes closed and her breathing shallow.

He carefully lifted her out of the rubble and cradled her in his arms. "Stay with me," he whispered, his heart racing with fear. "You're going to be okay."

But as he looked down at her, he realized that her injuries were much more serious than he had thought. She was bleeding from a deep gash on her forehead, and her breathing was becoming more labored by the minute.

"We need to get out of here," Christoph said urgently, his voice shaking. "We need to find help."

But as he looked around at the debris, he realized that all their hopes of escape had been crushed along with the rocks that had buried them. They were trapped, with no way out and no one to help them.