Chapter 8: Meeting Familiar Smiles

So I know some of you wanted to see a picture of my characters so this one is of Keagon!
So don't forget to follow, comment, and vote! Thank you! Enjoy!

So when Friday came around, school was buzzing with laughter and giggles over who was taking who to the dance, and people were decorating areas around the school. They were decorating the lockers, cafeteria, especially the gym, the offices, even some of the teachers got involved in it. Mr Erickson was all googly eyes at Ms. Edmundson, gross!! They were like in their late 30's and it's in school when they should be educating us. It's not like it really mattered today much to them or us, I mean free time to ourselves right? And still, teens just kept talking.

One of the most talkative people was Tara, the gorgeous, popular, miss I've-got-everything-I-want girl. She was even more popular than Cali, and believe it or not, Cali sucked up to her big time!

Anyway's she was all gossip about how she was going with some Ethan Prior guy in school. I didn't know why I listened, maybe because I have no life, but I could tell that she was lying through her teeth. I know Ethan was head over heels in love with Haley Jacobs a.k.a always getting beat up by Tara. Any humane person would feel bad for her, but she always shrugged it off and wouldn't let us pity her at all. Maybe Tara would take Jack a.k.a ladies man, he basically has banged any girl who has been in our school that was hot, just not me definitely, I was not hot to anyone. In fact, I don't think anyone has ever noticed me at all in this school until this year. But yeah, he was a real popular ass too.

School was pretty normal the rest of the day and I was pretty excited to be hanging with my mom tommorow night. It would be nice to see her in casual clothes and rolling into each other. The thought made my heart jump!! I think it would be better than some stupid dance that night. And yes, I just said my mother is way cooler than a bunch of dressed up retards dancing poorly in the school gym.

* * * * * * *

So fun! Can't wait! I love my mom!! I told her that when I woke up and ran to her room like a 5 year old. Gosh I'm weird. I thought I would be all nonchalant about since it wasn't my idea in the first place. But still, time with my mom was always a plus.

"I don't even have to ask if you're happy or not do I? " she asked.

" Not at all!"

"Well then let's get going, I dont want to waste a second"

Skating was never my forte but it wasn't my mom's either. So when we got on the hard wood floor and were about to fall, she got the call which basically ruined our chances of banging into each other.

Beep,beep, beep, it went. Her pager just kept going off and everyone just kept staring at us. Ugghh I hate when people look at us. It didn't seem to bother my mom though.

"Uhuh, yep, got it. I have a favor to ask Ruth, do you think she'll be able to start today? Yeah..... um okay, thanks" she was talking to one of her peers who worked alongside her. "It seems your going to be working today and not next week. Isn't that exciting?"

"Am I getting training on the job and when is it?"

"Duh, of course you'll get training, and we have to leave now."

It was the afternoon and we hadn't even begun to rollerblade. The one time I get to spend the day with my mom and now it's going to be in a hospital. Then again, I guess it's better than nothing.

* * * * * *

When my mom rushes on the road, she rushes. We passed five cars on the way, and she could have gotten a ticket for speeding. But we got there on time.