CHAPTER 8: Spock Prime

CORRIDOR Kirk comes down the hall, stretching his hand bandage -- when he stops

CORRIDOR

Kirk comes down the hall, stretching his hand bandage -- when he stops. Standing at the other end of the corridor, operating a DATAPAD is a familiar-looking GREEN GIRL. Guilt overcomes him. After a beat he moves to her. Awkward.

KIRK
Hey. (she turns to him) Listen, about what happened at Starfleet. The test and everything-- I know it looks like I was....using you, or whatever. And I'm sorry. I really am. And....I just hope you'll forgive me.

She just stares at him for a long beat, as if she's just pissed. But Kirk's face changes ... and then he says:

KIRK (CONT'D)
you're not Gaila, are you?

NOT GAILA
(pissed)No. I am not Gaila.

KIRK
(nods) Sorry.

And he walks off.
_________________________________________
"Have you confirmed that Nero is headed for Earth?" Spock asked.

"Their trajectory suggests no other destination, Captain." Uhura replies, though it was something Ellara should have answered, she said it for her. Ellara had not said a word since they had left the space where Vulcan used to exist. "Thank you, Lieutenant."

"Earth may be his next stop, but we have to assume every Federation planet's a target." Jim said from the captain's chair. "Out of the chair." Spock told him, in a slightly annoyed voice. Jim giving a just as annoyed sigh, and gets out of the chair.

"Well, if the Federation is a target, why didn't they destroy us?" Chekov asked no one in particular. His question makes Ellara's heart drop, "It's okay, he'll be okay. Daddy will be okay." she whispers quietly, trying to convince herself.

"Why would they? Why waste the weapons? You know... we obviously weren't a threat." Sulu said.

"That is not it. He said he wanted me to see something. The destruction of my home planet." Spock answered, while walking around the bridge.

"How the hell did they do that, by the way? Where did the Romulans get that kind of weaponry?" Bones says, in a slight panicked tone. Just like he said three years ago, he does not like space, add a gigantic space ship that destroyed an entire planet. He hates space.

'I was wondering the same thing, those guns on the drill, and the drill it's self; and a black hole?!' Ellara thought the same thing. Jim had looked over to her a few times, he was worried, she hasn't said a thing; And that's not normal for her.

"The engineering comprehension necessary to artificially create, a black hole may suggest an answer" Spock starts, turning around to look at all of them, he continues, "Such technology could theoretically be manipulated to create a tunnel through space-time.".

"Dammit man, I'm a doctor, not a physicist. Are you actually suggesting they're from the future?!" Bones says.

"If you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth." Spock says to Bones, lifting one eyebrow ever so slightly.

"Did he just quote Sherlock Holmes? Spock, just quoted Sherlock Holmes" Ellara quietly asked Bones who just shrugged, speaking for the first time after the incident. How'd she know that? Well she loved to read, and the book she had read aloud to her father almost every day, happened to be a Sherlock Holmes book. It also happened to be the one she was reading the day she told her father she was joining StarFleet. Thinking back to that day made her heart ache, he was right, StarFleet was dangerous. 'Tells me to be careful, and goes and get's himself captured.' she thought to herself, furrowing her brows.