twenty three. sweven

(n.) a vision seen in sleep;
a dream

THE MORTAL LIVED IN A LITTLE HOUSE, not too far off from the beach.

    The inside was warm and cozy, the setting sun bathing the room in a hazy, orange essence as the two of them made their way into the house. The sea-soaked Icarus sat at the table, hugging himself to keep warm, teeth chattering as the cooling droplets of water nipped at his skin on the way down. The mortal went to his room to look for clothes, coming out with a loose shirt and pants.

     The house was quiet, save for the occasional rustling as the Icarus pulled the clothing onto him in the next room over. He soon came back out while the mortal was preparing tea. He sat down timidly, taking a look around his surroundings. Funny how he had only been for merely half an hour and he has never felt more at home. Everything felt. . .comfortable, like nothing was going to hurt or bite him.

    A small mug of tea was set down in front of the Icarus before the mortal made his way to sit at the table. The Icarus took a sip. Lavender and chamomile. Swallowing, he asked, "Why are you being so kind to me?"

    The mortal raised a curious eyebrow at the inquiry. "What do you mean?"

    "You pulled me out of the ocean when you could've let me drown. But you didn't. Why? You don't know me, I could be a terrible person for all you know."

     The mortal looked at him with kind eyes, and simply answered with, "Because everyone deserves a second chance. Even you."

When he was finally satisfied with his writing, Louis brought himself back to bed and went to sleep. There, he began to dream.

He found himself in a room of sorts, antique furniture surrounded him, and he figured he was in an inn. That was until a head of platinum blond hair made its way into the corner of Louis's view. Even in sleep, he's managed to haunt every corner of his mind. 

"What are you doing here?" Louis asked, turning to fully face Draco.

"I could be asking you the same thing," Draco returned, "this is my home after all."

Louis took another look around where he was. He's never truly seen the interior of the Malfoy Manor (or has ever really seen it in general, if he were to be honest). Everything looked as though it hadn't been touched in ages, and yet not a speck of dust had stuck itself to the chairs or the couches. "Not exactly how I imagined the grand Malfoy Manor."

That comment threw Draco for a loop. "You've thought about what my house looked like before?"

Louis shrugged in nonchalance, still looking around. "I mean, I don't think I would ever find myself stepping foot into it, but I figured it would look nice. As it turns out, I was right."

There was a twinge of a smile breaching Draco's face at the response. "But what are you doing here? How did you get here?"

"You tell me."

Draco took a calm step forward, walking slowly until he was encroaching on Louis's personal space. It was a starry night and there was moonlight dazzling through the high windows. The house was empty save for a bedroom a little ways away, soon to be occupied by two young men. There was no staring contest going on, they were just simply withholding eye contact.

    "You've gotten really good at this," Louis commented, smiling softly. It took a bit, only because he was fighting it, but Draco was smiling, as well.