Chapter Five - Falling From Swings

~~~ Now playing: Just The Two of Us by Bill Withers ~~~

~~~Play/Pause ~~~

Third POV:

"HUH?!"

The girl's voice filled the gymnasium. People stopped practising and looked towards the culprit of the sound.

"I- eh- NO! You're delusional! What are you on about!?"

"Aomine-kun. No, what are you talking about, you baka! Nandayo!"

Came the voices of both the green haired boy and the black haired girl. Both had red faces and spluttering voices.

Psht, tsundres.

"Epic then! If you aren't doing this lady, then maybe I can shoot my shot!" Said the blue haired boy, now known as Aomine. He waggled his eyebrows, shooting the female a large grin.

Amethyst returned it in kind.

"That won't be happening. She's here to watch me practise so we can walk home together, not for you to flirt with her." Midomida says, his voice constricted with... anger?

How strange. Amethyst thought to herself.

"Ehhh? Who's this?" Comes a lazy voice. Amethyst looks to her side, and takes a step back.

A large guy with long purple hair stands to the side of her. He holds a large bag of Nori Shiro seaweed and salt flavoured crisps (those are uhhhh chips for you Americans. Strange, strange names for foods).

He's huge!

"I- I'm Amethyst Azalea! Please call me Amethyst. I hope I'm not interrupting your practice. I'm only here to walk home with Midomida later! I apologise for my being here."

"Don't apologise, Amethyst-chan. You're welcome to stay as long as you like."

Amethyst looks to her right and sees that the person speaking was a red haired boy. She recognised him from her class. He was the guy who sat near her and Midomida, the one she saw talking to Midomida often.

"Hai." Amethyst gave the boy a kind smile, thankful for someone being normal. She was happy to be here.

Midomida, on the other hand, was pissed off.

He didn't think that bringing Amethyst here would upset him this much but the others on the first string seemed to be rude and kept making inappropriate comments! Plus, they managed to get her to talk for ages. It was the longest he had heard her talk before.

"Midomida-kun, you seem to be glowering in anger."

...

...

...

"AHHH!"

Everyone in the group screamed, noticing the small, light blue haired boy for the first time. Amethyst jumped into the tall purple haired boy, wacking him with her flailing arms.

"Sorry."

"STOP SNEAKING UP ON US, KUROKO!" Yelled Aomine, his eyes wide in fear.

"I am not angry, Kuroko."

"Are too."

"Am not."

"Are too."

"AM NOT!"

Amethyst giggled at the scene in front of her. Midomida had always been the picture of perfection to her, never getting mad or upset, only ever focused on work.